Koodo Community
Question

Koodo and my Phone Disagree on my Data Limit

• 24 August 2023
  • 5 replies

My phone says that I’ve used only 296MB of my 2GB limit.  But I was getting text messages from Koodo saying that I’ve used up my 500MB limit.  Why do they disagree?  Makes no sense.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does your phone’s monthly data tracking cycle match up with your  billing cycle?

Apparently not.  But that does not explain the discrepancy in my data limits given by Koodo and given by my phone.   My phone says it’s 2GB and that’s after talking with Telus support.   And Telus owns Koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Apparently not.  But that does not explain the discrepancy in my data limits given by Koodo and given by my phone.   My phone says it’s 2GB and that’s after talking with Telus support.   And Telus owns Koodo. 

Were the billing cycle was set to the same billing cycle date from Koodo?

If possible, could you tell us the billing cycle date in your Koodo bill and a snapshot of your cellular data usage (hide/delete all personal information before posting please)

I am not clear if you have set up your phone to match Koodo.

Your phone does not know how much data you have with Koodo nor does it know when your data/billing cycle starts and stops each month. It is  not automatic - you have to enter this info manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s all set up by the user on their phone in settings, connections, data usage, billing cycle and data warning. (or similar depending on your phone).

You want to make sure you set your start date to the right date corresponding to your billing cycle, and if you have the data limit set, set that to how much data you have with Koodo.