Koodo Community
Solved

Incorrectly charged roamimg in the USA.

• 16 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to contact a real person in customer service to correct a roaming fee of $10 charged to me while in the USA for 4 days. Unable to schedule a call back with the Self Serve assistance, it just said agents are busy to call back now, then nothing, no option to actually schedule a date & time?? Calling the toll free number basically just refer me back to the Self Serve, then hung up.

Any other suggestion on how to correct this with someone at Koodo??

FYI: my phone was put in  Flight Mode at Pearson before departure and remained in this mode until I returned 4 days later. My Data Roaming is turned off - all the time. The data usage on my account confirms this.

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 18 September 2022, 00:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @GammaRT ! We have verified your account and the $10 roaming charge was for SMS pay per use. Incoming SMS is free but when you send an SMS you are charged $10 and you are allowed to send 100 SMS and unlimited incoming. 

Hope this helped. 

Hi Boa, I understand but no message was sent during that time in the USA. My phone was not used for any messaging at all, send or receive or for any other matter as we had a company phone that has North American coverage so everything was done thru that phone. This is why I’m questioning the charge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@GammaRT August 17th is the date. Multiple text messages were sent and received from your device.  You should be able to see online under the usage tracker or even your phone.