Koodo Community
Question

Inconsistent Invoice Total

• 28 January 2024
  • 7 replies

May I please have a Koodo Billing rep reach out to me privately? My current invoice has two different amount due totals for the same billing month.

@Koodo 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Rubes1 For common issues and inquiries, answering post in public (without personal details) is helpful for other Community members. If you do need more help pls set up a callback using our virtual assistant. 

On page 1 of your detailed invoice (.pdf) you will see only one line for ‘due’ amount.  On page 3, under Mobile services, you see 2 separate lines reflecting the the rate plan change you made the previous month. It was done a few days after your bill cycle therefore you see the previous and current plan being prorated. The calculations are correct,  we can put your mind at ease that the bill is indeed accurate. Hope this helps clear things up.

@Bernard Koodo

Hello,

Your reply is partially correct but unfortunately bypasses the issue which is the Amount Due lines on the invoice.

Page 3 (Mobile Services) is not the issue. Plan changes and proration are fine.

The total/amount owed on Page 1 and Page 4 are different. I’d like to know why and then I need a PDF invoice where all owed amounts match on page 1 (total due after taxes) and page 4 (total due after taxes). These line amounts should be the same but if you are able to view it, you’ll see that there are two different owed amounts for the same services, for the same billing month.

This billing correction will likely require a callback but I just never know when I’ll be charged a service fee for calling versus using the forums.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Page 1 shows your total bill owed where page 4 is just going to show your charges for the month of the bill.

On page 1, do you have any balances carried over from a previous bill?

Did you overpay your bill last month causing there to be a credit on your account making the bill appear cheaper?

No balances or overpayments. The invoice is straightforward but overall is incorrect. Page 1 shows my total due (with nothing special; just the sum of all charges) and page 3 shows my itemized monthly charges. Page 4 shows a single line that adds up all the charges, any credits, services, tax etc. That final line in the section “Mobile Services” on page 4 should match the amount owed on Page 1. Mine does not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Rubes1 

The correct amount is the one shown on page 1. It seems the discrepancy is due to taxes which are lower on page 4 than on page 1. According to the tax calculator, the correct taxes are the ones shown on page 1, which are reflected in the total amount due. 

Yes thank you. There are differing tax amounts. How do I get this corrected? As it stands, this invoice has two different tax totals on two pages for the same services. I need an itemized invoice that only shows one proper set of taxes for the entire document (invoices are submitted to a third party for reimbursement). Unfortunately page 1 does not have the itemizations. Page 3 and 4 have the itemizations but apparently have the incorrect tax and incorrect ‘amount due’ versus page 1. Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We have checked and the previous bills show the same round up, however this one doesn’t. We have forwarded the details for this to be looked into, however the amount shown on page 1 is always the one that needs to be paid and this usually can be used for 3rd party reimbursement. 

Unfortunately, once a bill is issued, it cannot be modified.