Koodo Community
Question

I was charged EasyRoam with SIM card disabled

• 14 August 2023
  • 4 replies

EDIT: Resolved.

I was in the US Jul 22 and 23 with a US eSIM so I disabled Koodo SIM card, yet I was charged EasyRoam on Jul 22 but not Jul 23. My self-serve page shows no min or txt but on both days some random data usage, which should not have occurred with my Koodo SIM card disabled. If those data usage on both days was valid, why did I get charged EasyRoam on 22 not 23? It must be an error in the system. Also, the data usage is very suspicious because they are identical on both days. I arranged a callback as soon as I found out but the rep said couldn’t do anything until it’s on the bill. I’ve just booked another callback but just want to ask around while waiting.

Chris

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You’re already going to speak with two reps separately on the same issue. They do indeed look identical. If your callback again comes to nothing, you could let us know and we could flag a rep here to assist.

I would remove the sim card next time.

Actually, the self-serve page data is wrong. As you can see the daily data usage MB number is not the sum of the daily breakdown MB numbers. These numbers came up after I clicked around. The first time I clicked on the down-arrow to see daily breakdown this showed up. So there’s definitely messed up data in my usage  log.

Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From what I see, a total of 42.47MB was used on Jul22, but only 2.69MB was used on July 23.  That is likely the difference.

But the detailed time stamped usage is curious for sure

Resolved. Rep reversed the charge after reviewing my usage. Thank you folks for quick response.