Koodo Community
Question

I dont use their service but Koodo asked me to pay for their bill

• 6 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I still remember I registered a service with Koodo in a small store at Halifax Shopping Centre and it was Cyber Monday, 28th Nov last year 2022. At that time, I was a newcomer to Canada and I just got my WP approval, that is why I needed a phone number and Koodo had a big offer. I clearly asked the staff if I could able to choose the phone number by myself  and he told me yes; after all the process was done, he gave me the sim card. I was shocked bc i didn't choose the number yet then i asked him again and he apologized for that mistake. After that I told him, please determine the service because I want to join EAST LINK service provider so that I can choose the number by my own.

Then he told me, when you register the new service with East Link, Koodo will determine the service that you have with them so don't worry about that.

Then I came to East Link and registered a new phone number with them, Koodo did send the messenger to confirm changing the service provider.

After that, i thought everything was done, until one day, i got the bill payment email from Koodo and it shocked me again so i immediately call their hotline (I couldn't remember the day but for sure you can retrieve the information since they always asked to record the conversation to help them provide better service) and told them everything. The customer service said that my service was terminated and the system needed time to update so you don't have to worry and we won't send you anymore in the future. By that time, I thought everything was done since they clearly told me that and I didn't even use their service for a single day. 

Then beginning of this year, I came back to my country because of my mom's illness and her funeral for almost 4 months. By that time, I kept receiving emails from them which were extremely ridiculous but I don't want to settle it bc I was in the bad situation. Now they transfer my case to the collection agency and it affected my credit score. 

How cheat and cheap service it is.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

I requested the call back and they called me. But haft way, they cut the line without solving my problems. How irresponsible and rude they are.