Koodo Community
Solved

I am being charged for a call to Boston, USA never made.

• 30 December 2022
  • 7 replies

How to get Kudo to respond to an error on my billing.

icon

Best answer by thumbalina 3 January 2023, 02:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

With their network equipment, it was hard for them to misreported an international call. Could you look into your phone record and check the time of the call to see if you or someone else did make a call at that time?

Also, which type of number was it? Was it one of the zoom call number?

I did not make a call to usa and talk for 6 minutes.  I never call usa unless it's 1800 number.  I will monitor this for any future errors that come up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did not make a call to usa and talk for 6 minutes.  I never call usa unless it's 1800 number.  I will monitor this for any future errors that come up.

An US call of 6 minutes seems not to be an accidental call. Can you look up the time of the call in Koodo selfserve and check what did you do with the phone at that time?

I have done a search on this number and there is no name associated with 857-354-2121.  I checked the date and time the call was made and as I have said before I dont call the US unless it is a 1800 number.  There is nobody I would call in the Boston area or that I would talk to in the US for 6 minutes.  Again, I think this is an error/scam and will be watching for any more of these on my bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have done a search on this number and there is no name associated with 857-354-2121.  I checked the date and time the call was made and as I have said before I dont call the US unless it is a 1800 number.  There is nobody I would call in the Boston area or that I would talk to in the US for 6 minutes.  Again, I think this is an error/scam and will be watching for any more of these on my bill.

Is it possible that you put in the wrong area code by mistake? Perhaps you were a victim of the one-ring phone scam? https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/don-t-call-back-one-ring-scam-targets-phones-across-canada-1.3801297

I don't pu on unknown numbers.  I also don't return calls for unknown numbers.  This is not about the charge, it's that this is a mystery and I'm concerned my number was used by someone.  My phone is only used by me.

Ok I figured it out.  It was supposed to be a toll free call to wayfair Co.,  but it was not.

Thanks for your time and effort to solve this problem for me.