Koodo Community
Question

How do you request the credit to be refunded through the Koodo Self Serve?

• 10 September 2022
  • 8 replies

I have pre authorization set through my credit card and used to pay my bills using that. It should be credited in 3-4 days but it’s been almost a month and totally no response from customer service. I was sent another bill for September showing that same credit of $23.08 so when will the actually refund me? 

How can I remind Koodo/Telus that I still have not received my money back through their Self Serve system? The bot isn’t helpful.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you describe in more detail what happened? How do you know you would be credit in 3,4 days?

Also, in your bill, could you recheck if the number in the bill was was a credit (negative) or a due amount (positive)?

Hi Dinh,

I know it’s a credit on my bill as there is a minus in front of the amount which represents a credit. Plus logically I would have one since I had prepaid the amount and I terminated the service mid month.

Total Amount Due:-$23.08

I was told by the service agent when switching providers that I could expect the credit/adjustments to be done on my next bill with Koodo.

Do you have any suggestions given this information?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you cancel and when did you receive the final bill? Was it cancelled last month?

canceled wireless service on July 31, 2022 

August bill arrived that showed the credit and then September bill just arrived with that same credit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep and see if more information about the refund can be found.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KrisHock 

Typically, the refund is automatically processed after the 2nd closing bill cycle. I was able to make the refund request, it may take up to 2 - 3 weeks for it to be processed. 

In case you do not receive the refund within this time frame, please reply here. Thank you! 

Thanks @Dinh and @Flo Koodo 

How will I receive the refund? Will it be through the original payment method? which in my case was prepaid visa.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@KrisHock Because you had a pre-authorized payment set up through your credit card, I have been able to make the request so that the refund is sent to the same credit card.

For non-preauthorized payment methods, the refund is available through cheque only.