Koodo Community
Question

How can I tell if my esim is working and I’m not paying for roaming?

• 25 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Is there a place I can see if my Esim is working? I am currently out of the country. Pretty sure I have it set up correctly, but when I go into Usage, it doesn’t really tell me much. Don’t want to get hit with a big bill when I get home. I have roaming on (part of the instructions with the Airalo esim) but I have the esim set as my primary SIM card. 

Thanks!

Cindi

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you are a postpaid customer? When you said you “ have it set up correctly”, did you mean you have the easyroam and international roaming option on in your account?

When you roam, did you receive a text notification from Koodo?

Yes I am a monthly customer. I have the easy roam on my account and I got an email saying roaming had been turned off. I just deactivated my main sim and am using just the esim to make sure I don’t get charged.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I am a monthly customer. I have the easy roam on my account and I got an email saying roaming had been turned off. I just deactivated my main sim and am using just the esim to make sure I don’t get charged.

So you removed the roaming addon? Can you go to selfserve check the plan and addon? Which addon do you have and which country are you travelling to?

As well, if you disable the Koodo esim, you wouldn't be able to roam and you shouldn't be charged for roaming fee

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you've turned off the Koodo sim card and you are just using the airalo sim card you will not be charged for roaming.

As long as the airalo sim is selected as the primary sim, you can actually leave the koodo sim enabled and you still won't be charged for roaming data. Turning it off IS safer, but you'll need to turn it back on occasionally if you want to check for incoming text messages.

But is there a way to check that I am not being charged for roaming in self serve?  Thanks

Further, my daughter is in Europe and I want to make sure she isn’t being charged roaming as we received an email her first day for roaming and then she was supposed to set up her international SIM card.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sign into self serve and look under usage. If there are no charges you haven't been charged m