Koodo Community
Question

Hard to get Koodo to help!

• 15 November 2022
  • 6 replies

A couple of weeks ago we found out someone managed to use my Koodo phone number to run up bills in countries all over the world- over $295 worth of calls. 

I contacted Koodo and the first rep told me it was not possible and he has never seen this happen- the calls must have come from my phone- to Ethiopia and Morocco and the Caribbean and god knows where.  Finally I got it through his thick skull that this is really happening and spoke to a supervisor who said she has seen this many times before and would remove the charge.

A week later the charge is still on my account- so I call again and after more time wasting I’m told the charge will be removed by Tuesay (today). Surprise, the charge is still here.

Is this a real phone company?  It seems like I get transferred from one call center to another- and there is no one really ‘in charge’. 

In two days, my credit card will be charged.  What do I do?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Typically credits after the bill is generated will show for the next billing cycle. Your bill will not be updated but your amount owing should at least update in self-serve. Is it still showing the same amount owing in self-serve? Is this something that you cannot afford to wait until then for? 

It is not updated in self serve.  And it’s a huge bill for me to pay.  And I was told 2 weeks ago this would be taken care of for this cycle.  And again a few days ago.

Should I remove my billing information from my account to avoid the charge?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have preauthorized payment the payment will be taken if the credits are not applied by the time frame stated in your pdf ebill. 

Let me flag a rep to see if they can get a status on your credits.

My main concern is how this fraud happened and if this was stopped? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thing is if you remove it, you still have the dilemma of being late with payment. Up to a point it’s “just” a 2% or something late fee, but 30 days past due starts issues. I think this should be tackled one step at a time and see how it goes. Dennis flagged a rep so hopefully something better can be confirmed here. Something more may well require speaking directly to the billing department about what to do until the credit can be applied in your situation. 

Hello @MWkoodoo! We can see that these long distance charges were triggered by a known issue with the type of device you have, as our call center colleagues mentioned.

All necessary credits have been applied on your account however they will be reflected on your next bill. If you’d like to review the options available for your account at this time, we recommend getting in touch with our payment services team by dialing #227 from your Koodo phone. 

Thankfully now Koodo has resolved the issue.  I did have to remove preauth payment from my account to avoid being charged the fraudulent fee in 2 days.  They will credit me the late fee.

The rep who helped me today Mary was a real star in our nearly one hour call.

But I want to say this took at least 3 phone calls and over 5  hours on the phone over the last 2 weeks … it should not have gone on so long.

I can see three days ago someone called Tunisia several times- hopefully any more charges will also be credited.

The issue they tell us with the CoolPad phone which apparently is being targeted by thieves- and so we are getting a different model phone shipped to us by Koodo.