Koodo Community
Question

had a phone call from Costa Rica to the US that totaled $140, but I have an add-on that allows me to call the US for 5 cents/minute

• 19 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there, I am currently in Costa Rica and had a phone call to the US that totaled $140. I also had a phone call to Canada where I was only charged the $14 roaming fee and no cost for the call. I have an add-on that allows me to call the US for 5 cents/minute that I thought would apply to my phone call to the US. Can someone from Koodo please rectify my  bill and reverse that charge?

Thanks, Dale

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, Easy Roam only covers calling from the country you’re in to Canada. Since you made a call from Costa Rica to the USA, that would cost the regular roaming fee. Your long distance saver only works from within Canada itself :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately the long distance saver add-on isn’t eligible to be used while travelling:

Ok, thanks for the info. I’m not sure why the distinction is made between Canada and the US and it was a huge shock to see my bill this month. but I guess I should have read the fine print a little closer.