Koodo Community
Question

Grandfathered $150 Koodo Tab balance taken away from me

Hi All,

I had a grandfather $150 Koodo Tab balance that I was reassured previously by Koodo that could be applied to any upgrade in the future. This was historically when the Koodo plans integrated part fees on the tab so you could build a positive balance towards your next phone upgrade.

So I finally decided to upgrade with the Black Friday offers and on my account also says  the $150 was applied - This never happened so this $150 was literally just taken away from me without explanation. There was no application towards the new tab nor my first bill.

Now I called in to Koodo to argue that this is my paid in money historically and the customer service representative would not budge for giving me my own money back. I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager and said 2-3 business days. Well it’s been that long and I have not received a call back.

Very poor service if you want to steal from your customers like this.

I’m open to any offers from Koodo to remedy this - I’m simply asking for a credit of the same to my monthly bills if you want me to keep your service for the 24 month period on the new tab, this is not an issue.

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you upgrade at black Friday event? Was it online or at a shop?

Regarding the credit, was there any snapshot or written confirmation about it? If you had, that would be awesome as they didn't have to search through years of transactions.

Sure, I have screenshotted my account here.

It is clear in black and white that it’s been there for years. I upgraded my phone on November 25th.

https://imgur.com/a/787ZflX

Was upgraded online through Koodo Self Serve

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was the $150 positive Tab applied to your bill or reduced your tab owing or the purchase price of your phone? 

@Dennis @Dinh 

No, None of the $150 tab was applied to either the bill nor new tab balance owing. (note previously there was only the $150 that was sitting there waiting for me to upgrade - even Koodo badgered me to upgrade on previous occasions and reassured me that it could be applied whenever I decided to upgrade)

I posted the chronology of the tab balance above. The new tab $480 was the Black Friday offer that everyone was able to receive and nothing to do with my initial $150. I specifically only upgraded on Koodo Self-Serve as I knew otherwise Koodo would argue that a 3rd party was involved and they could no longer give me the balance that they owed me. Well I went to you directly and this is the ridiculous situation I am in where my own money has been taken away from me without explanation. 

If I was given what I lawfully owed, I would not be posting this here of course.

Why has a Koodo rep not looked into this for me yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone did you get?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis @Dinh

Because we were waiting 2 days for your response. 

When you checked out, did the screen show the positive Tab credit applied? 

@Dennis @Dinh

Because we were waiting 2 days for your response. 

When you checked out, did the screen show the positive Tab credit applied? 

@Mayumi - Iphone 13.

@Dennis 

No it was not applied at all. I still have the screenshot from checkout as follows-

https://imgur.com/a/SE6mg6v

$480 is the tab discount for 24 month term, and $547 was the tab bonus from Black Friday offer. I even got charged $10 for shipping and not even arguing on that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep here to look into this. It seems there was a glitch of some sort.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sun7400 

We can see that there a manager tried to contact you on yesterday and, based on the notes, there was no answer and a voicemail has been left. 

Hi @sun7400 

We can see that there a manager tried to contact you on yesterday and, based on the notes, there was no answer and a voicemail has been left. 

@Flo Koodo 

So two things.

Number 1: I was left a message three times in the last few days and there was no ringtone at all and no method of contacting them back. Not picking up the phone because I have to watch it 24/7 is not acceptable to solve this.

Number 2: I asked them to call an alternate number which I am more readily available (from the first call before I posted here) and this was never done- is there a way I can Private Message you this number?

Thank You

@Flo Koodo 

So I’ve waited more than two weeks for a Koodo Rep to reach out to me. The managers called a few times but my phone DID NOT ring and did not leave a direct number to get back to. What kind of customer service is this?

I asked if I could PM you a phone number you can reach me at. I use an alternate number during the day and my family member uses the phone other times because of personal reasons.

It is impossible to get a hold of you.

I’m at a loss on how to deal with your company here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well….you do need to be around to receive a call. I’ll flag a rep to get pinged here to have someone call you on your preferred number. You’re also able to setup a callback with the number of your choice. 

Did you check your blocked numbers list? Going repeatedly straight to voicemail typically inidcates that you blokced the number. It happens occasionally here when people ay that calls go straight to voicemail from Koodo support.

Well….you do need to be around to receive a call. I’ll flag a rep to get pinged here to have someone call you on your preferred number. You’re also able to setup a callback with the number of your choice. 

Did you check your blocked numbers list? Going repeatedly straight to voicemail typically inidcates that you blokced the number. It happens occasionally here when people ay that calls go straight to voicemail from Koodo support.

No Koodo number is on my phone blocked list.  I’ve verified that the phone did not ring the times that a message was left.

I’m trying to ask a Rep to PM me so I can give the preferred number in case there is an issue with this and I am readily available on. It appears they ignored this when I called the first time over a month ago. I’m not posting it here for privacy reasons.

Please PM me and I can provide the appropriate number to call.

Thank You

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not asking you to post it here. I’m just sdaying if you opt for a callback, you put down the number you want Koodo to call. It’s not required to be your account number. Regardless, I’ve flagged a rep and hopefully one will message you so you can provide the number in that case. Otherwise you’d likely have to just schedule a callback to speak with someone. 

I’m not asking you to post it here. I’m just sdaying if you opt for a callback, you put down the number you want Koodo to call. It’s not required to be your account number. Regardless, I’ve flagged a rep and hopefully one will message you so you can provide the number in that case. Otherwise you’d likely have to just schedule a callback to speak with someone. 

Yes this is exactly what I did and they did not call the number I asked (they called the account number which I specifically said not to). I still have not received a PM from anyone.

Honestly Koodo - please just credit me my $150 and forget the back and forth calling. I posted the proof of this above and it is blatantly obvious that the credit was not given to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sun7400 

Please check your inbox, we have just sent you a PM, so we can further assist. 

Hi @sun7400 

Please check your inbox, we have just sent you a PM, so we can further assist. 

I have responded to the PM thank you.