Koodo Community
Solved

Error Charges | Easy Roam | How to request void?

Hi, Who could take care this Easy Roam charges?
I turned off my cellular data and roaming. I restarted the phone but I still get $15 charges on every layover on my flight and  I get about a warning on a  “Easy Roam” and did a research to turn off.

No Calls, No text messages and no voicemail. it’s literally an error since i have a connection flight outside Canada.

icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 23 March 2023, 13:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From your screen shot, i actually saw several calls on the days they charged easyroam. Did you receive any incoming calls or check voicemail?

Not at all.

One of my perks is Unlimited Call to the U.S but since that I didn’t receive any incoming calls and voicemail since roaming were off and while i’m outside the country.

How can we fix this issue? I just need to make sure that this will be solve before the next upcoming bill. 

thank you Dinh, I appreciate your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not at all.

One of my perks is Unlimited Call to the U.S but since that I didn’t receive any incoming calls and voicemail since roaming were off and while i’m outside the country.

How can we fix this issue? I just need to make sure that this will be solve before the next upcoming bill. 

thank you Dinh, I appreciate your help

The perk you mentioned is only for calls originated from within Canada. If you roam, roaming fee will apply and you can’t use that perk.

I am not sure which part of the fee you would like to dispute. From the screenshot of the log, Koodo system reports several calls. Can you click on those call to see which number? Also, did you use any other 3rd party app to make/receive call? I saw reports in the forum in which customer accidentally use the Koodo service instead of the voip app.

Yes’ that’s what I meant about one of my perks when i’m within/originated in Canada.

No Third Party App.

“Two of the $15 that need to be dispute.”

- Just what I explain earlier, Cellular Data is Off, Roaming is Off and Network Selection were set to Manual and no Phone Service at all. Also, all cellular data were turn off too if you need proof. I could send a screenshot.

I truly believe that there’s a glitch, I don’t have issues with this since I moved to Canada from U.S.

Sure. I’ll paste it here and try to fit the whole activities

• IMAGE DELETED

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you edit your post to hide/delete all personal information? From your post, I saw calls to voicemail and call to the 800 number. There were multiple calls to that 800 number though. Can you recheck if that was the case?

Sure, I could do that.

I don’t see any charges or any other activities that has charges.  

I double check my previous activities that matches “800” AND “SERVICE,CL” and so far , no charges at all man

• IMAGE DELETED 
  • IMAGE DELETED
  • IMAGE DELETED

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As it is a public forum, we don’t want personal information posted.

Regarding the question about the 800 number. If you called it while roaming, it would triggered roaming fee. If you called it when you were in Canada, then it is included in your plan.

If you were still confused, look at the call on Mar 23 for 5 minutes. That call triggered easyroam for 24 hours.

Another call on Mar 22 also triggered easyroam.

I didn’t call anyone, or do anything to trigger that Easy Roaming.

When I saw that Reminder Message in the middle of the sky on Japan. I turn off everything bro. Before our plane land in Hong Kong, everything were off.

At first place that Easy Roam should not be activated but MAYBE with the default feature with eSim and MAYBE when that guy setup my eSim, he forgot to turn it off.

I just need help! To fix this issue because I didn’t do any of this. And I’m giving my whole entire time to figure out  how to solve this while i’m on my leave and giving all my patience to this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As I looked into your call record, I actually saw legit calls that triggered roaming fee. 

Anyway, in your case,  if you would like to dispute, I think you would have to contact Koodo directly. If you are not in Canada, you could contact them via Facebook/Twitter messaging. Links are at the bottom of this forum. You could also schedule a call back from the digital bot www.koodo.com/chat for a Canadian number of your choice.

then what’s the point of asking the 800, if you’re saying that I called someone and it triggered roaming fee? I. can’t  believe, I waste my time, explaining and did a effort. you should have said that earlier that you cannot help at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

then what’s the point of asking the 800, if you’re saying that I called someone and it triggered roaming fee? I. can’t  believe, I waste my time, explaining and did an effort. you should have said that earlier that you cannot help at all.

Let me flag a rep to look into this for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Brian Cabs - I looked over your roaming charges and it seems like both originated from airtime use. 

Based on your call history, these are the calls that triggered Easy Roam. 

• March 22 at 7:38am  there was a call made to your voicemail
  • March 23 at 3:52am there was an incoming call that lasted for 5 minutes

Here are a few things to take note of:

• Please keep in mind that the time of the calls will be different due to time difference.
  • A voicemail call can be triggered by simply pressing on the notification. Even if you hang up right way, it will create a charge
  • Incoming calls might show up as your own number when being called by a restricted/unknown number

I recommend, comparing these calls with what you have within you phone’s call log. 

On my end, it seems like the Easy Roam charges are legitimate however, if you would like to discuss this further, I invite you to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist