Koodo Community
Solved

Erroneous Long Distance Charges

• 9 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a contact who lives in NS, and have been charged roaming fees for text messages to their canadian number. Neither of us are/were roaming or travelling. I do not live near a boarder.

Why is Koodo charging roaming fees here when the contact’s number is both Canadian and not connected to my account in any way? I see several guides from Koodo and community suggestions on how to prevent this. That being said, it should not be a customers responsibility to require both their own phones, and every one of their contacts to have device specific roaming settings enabled to prevent these erroneous charges. This has been a problem for years. When is the solution coming?

Regarding the charges. How can we rectify these?

Regards,
Scott

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 9 March 2023, 23:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @sflems 

Upon checking the details, the charges were triggered for outgoing pay per use text messages sent to a US number on 9th and 27th of February.

For more details, please check the usage in self serve https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/monitoring-your-data-self-serve

Hi Flo,

These are the charges I was inquiring about. Thank you for clarifying.

I was under the impression service included messaging within Canada, and unaware this excluded US numbers on Canadian networks.

Best regards,

Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is your plan?  If you have a more recent plan with choose your own perks you only have canadian texting and unless you select the international texting perk, there is a charge if you text a number outside of canada.