Koodo Community
Solved

Email scam ? I got an email that I have an unpaid balance and my account will be disconnected

• 21 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,  I suspect this is a scam but thought,

I got an email that if fake - is quite good.

Hey <lists both my wife and myself >

Your Koodo account is scheduled for disconnection on December 26, 2021. Your current balance is $173.19, with $146.20 past due.

If you can’t pay before December 26, 2021, you can request a payment extension below.

Then below that text are two options/links

Make a Payment

I need a payment extension

Checked my account - it is paid automatically monthly and is fine.
I used to have a prepaid account - and would be shocked if that is somehow still active.

The TITLE of the email is:

< Myname> And <MyWifes Name> , want to avoid Koodo disconnection?

I checked the email address by starting but not sending a reply and the email address is:

paymybill@koodo.com

Does this appear to be a scam?
I have gotten a few these the past few  months … and the outstanding balance keeps increasing.. so they’re good at it if it is fake.

Thoughts anyone?

icon

Best answer by Robert T 21 December 2021, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Login to self serve and confirm indeed that it is not the case 

Hi.  Thanks for the reply.  
I did log on to Self-serve and zero outstanding balance as auto-pay the amount each month.
It was sent to an email address - that was attached to my previous PREPAID account.

Thanks… likely SPAM but I guess I’ll know 100% on Dec 26th 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I got  similar e-mail from Netflix.

It said my payment didn't go through and it will be disconnected soon. There was a link, But I never click those link. I login through the site and check my account, and it's fine.

We need to aware of those kind of email.  Never click on link if you have any doubt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you wanted to double check you can both dial 611 from your phones and confirm that it says that you don’t have a balance owing.

Thanks.  Did not know that.
Just checked my phone and all is good.

I’ll check my wife’s phone in the AM. :thumbsup:

Seems like ongoing issue with Koodoo. I was receiving same messages every 2 weeks . Changed carriers !!

Seems like ongoing issue with Koodoo. I was receiving same messages every 2 weeks . Changed carriers !!

You do realize that Koodo has nothing to do with sending these messages (unless you actually did owe them money). It is scammers and these same scammers send the messages under the name of Koodo, Rogers, Telus - all the phone companies.