Koodo Community
Question

Easy roam - Incorrect Charges - Not getting waived

• 5 May 2023
  • 9 replies

I traveled out of the country for 1 month and I see a charge of $180 (with taxes) on my bill; upon calling Koodo customer care and explaining them that I and my wife did not make any calls, Koodo insisted that they see calls/voicemails were made.. after speaking for more than 90 mins, they were ready to waive $40, and then when I said “we never made any calls or checked our voicemails”, they decided to waive $58 (instead of $40)

I am trying to understand how I can get my other $122 back, and who I should reach out to; as Koodu rep said there is no one else who can help

I am very disappointed with the overall experience 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you checked your detailed pdf ebill, do you see the days you were charged for roaming?

Have you also cross referenced this with your Usage in your self serve to see what triggered the Easy Roam?

@Dennis  Yes; I see the dates and also the representative (over the phone) gave me the information on why the charges got triggered - just that I dont agree with them.. for example, there are 3 dates for me where it says I checked my voicemail, but i did not check any voicemail not just for those 3 days, but for the entire month I was out of country 

thanks for your response

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So in Self serve, you do see the calls to voicemail on the Usage page for the days you are charged for roaming?

Im just confirming you actually see these and not solely rely on what the rep is telling you.

Copy pasting from the selfserve , and based on searching in google, RTRVL TM has to do with voicemail

NUMBER AND PLACE YOU CALLED:  647 580-4001 MSG RTRVL TM

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is that the only line item you have usage for during the period where you were charged for easy roam?

Do you see any usage for data or text messages sent as well? 

No usage on data or text.. majority of them are voicemails and then couple of them says we made phone calls to specific mobile numbers..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For that phone line, are you able to check your cellphone in your phone app.  Under recent calls, can you scroll back to that period.  Do you see these calls to these numbers (including date and time - there is maybe a time zone offset) match up to what is shown in the usage page in self serve?

I dont see the calls - for example - no voicemail calls on those dates 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screen shot of your call log from your phone on those dates and the Koodo usage page for those same dates.  Just make sure to scratch out any personal info.

What were the date you were charged for roaming?