Koodo Community
Solved

Easy Roam Charges - Canada to Mexico via USA

• 29 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Upon review of my recent bill, I noticed that there were several days where my wife and I were charged both the USA and International rate for Easy Roam. These were days where we were travelling to Mexico via the USA. 

I could not find any language on the Easy Roam page or anywhere else that detailed you would be charged both daily rates if you are travelling to another country via the USA. My question is, should the more expensive International rate ($16) not supersede the USA rate ($14)? Koodo touts it as a “daily flat rate”, when in reality they are double-dipping for $30 ($14 + $16) if you pass through the States.

Does anyone know where the language explicitly stating that you will be charged for both rates is located? Or has there been an error in my billing?

icon

Best answer by Lou 29 December 2023, 14:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

I found the following - you will be charged both.

Ouch! Good find nonetheless, thanks for the quick reply.

Check under Change My Plan to see if you have an offer for the new Canada-US Plan where you can use your phone in the US just as you do in Canada (no more $14 a day Easy Roam). In other words the plan is good for both Canada and the US. During the Black Friday sales I picked up the $60 100GB plan, but I just checked my offers and the $65 120 GB is still being offered.