Koodo Community
Solved

Do you travel abroad? DO NOT USE Koodo Roaming

• 29 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I have read through this: 

This was after spending about an hour with a blunt/arrogant phone rep who spoke like either I was lying or I wasn’t understanding what he was saying:

I had Easyroam activated so that I could use roaming.

All that happened was Koodo’s nice welcome message to easyroam. I wasn’t able to receive/make any calls or texts or use data. 

The arrogant rep said he couldn’t see the details and “as per company policy...”

It isn’t just about the money but the service that one should be able to use when they need it.

Learnt the hard lesson. Porting over.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 29 August 2023, 23:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm not sure what you are so angry about. Are you complaining about the lack of service while you were abroad? Koodo can't control that... What country did you visit and what local carriers do they have?

Since you asked:

I activated Easyroam.

First destination, Doha, Qatar.

Second, India.

Both places, I received the welcome message from Koodo Easyroam but that's it. Never was able to use call, text, data - receive or send but Easyroam charges were added. Look through the bill; there is nothing to show that any of these were used. 

I had a second phone with Rogers. Roaming worked flawlessly. Both destinations, without fail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Near as I know, roaming shouldn't be an issue in either country. The main possibility I can think of is it happened to connect to non roaming partner networks. It's been a long time since someone complained about not being able to roam in India here.

Hi Goran,

Never had trouble with any other networks. Anyways, I tried letting the phone connect automatically and connect to each available network manually. Didn’t help at either destinations. I also tried the sim with two other phones with no luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Strange, I still don't think it was a Koodo issue, but of course now that you're back is a bit hard to troubleshoot. Sometimes a rep can reset the line too in case it issomething in the account. If you decide to stay with Koodo that's with a shot, so next time when you're traveling post back and we can flag a rep for you  but if you decide to port out, that's understandable too 😊

You marked it SOLVED! What a wonderful system!

I am back in India. I receive all the spam calls but still can't make any calls/texts or receive any. And hey, data doesn't work either. One thing I can be sure of is that there will be easyroam charges added to my bill and Koodo reps will say that it isnt Koodo's fault.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have second phone which worked with Rogers roaming this time too? 

Can you switch those SIM cards to check if Koodo SIM work on the other phone?  

It strange you can receive spam calls but not regular calls and texts. ( Where are those spam coming from?)