Koodo Community
Solved

Dispute roaming charges

• 26 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I was charged roaming fees March 12, when in Inchenon airport in South Korea. I just changed my SIM over and was in airplane mode. I received a text telling me about roaming charges from Koodo. I don’t understand why I was charged.   I can’t figure out how to talk to a representative. Any help would be great!

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 26 March 2023, 21:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you received a text saying you were roaming from Koodo then the phone wasn't on airplane.mode at that time. airplane mode disabled cellular connection and you could not receive any text. 
Anyway, how much was it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was charged roaming fees March 12, when in Inchenon airport in South Korea. I just changed my SIM over and was in airplane mode. I received a text telling me about roaming charges from Koodo. I don’t understand why I was charged.   I can’t figure out how to talk to a representative. Any help would be great!

Can you provide a screenshot of your bill with a list of detailed charges? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum. 

It was on airplane mode but attached to wifi. It was 14$. 

Is this good?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BelleS 

Thanks for the details! 

We have checked and we can see that the Easy Roam fee has been triggered by an outgoing text message.

Any usage made in roaming, except for incoming text messages, will trigger the Easy Roam charges.

You will see in the usage, in your self serve account, a different time for the outgoing text, due to time zone difference https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/monitoring-your-data-self-serve

Here you can find more details about how to avoid unwanted usage when roaming