Koodo Community
Solved

Dead customer

• 24 December 2021
  • 8 replies

My friend has been deceased for more than 6 months now and Koodo keeps harassing me sending bills to my email. I've talked to a CSR 3 times explaining he's not alive so the chances of him paying are slim. I'd like Koodo to leave me alone. 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 24 December 2021, 18:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry to hear about your loss. His executor/estate is responsible for paying any invoices after his passing. You might want to contact them to sort this.

That's the issue. He was not involved with any of his family while he was alive but they came crawling out of the woodwork when he died. I don't even know his family in any way and have no way of getting the death certificate. I'm sure they could care less about any of this business. His credit rating isn't a concern now. I just want Koodo to stop bugging me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My friend has been deceased for more than 6 months now and Koodo keeps harassing me sending bills to my email. I've talked to a CSR 3 times explaining he's not alive so the chances of him paying are slim. I'd like Koodo to leave me alone. 

Why not cancel his line? If that is the route you need to take, you should speak with your friend’s relatives or close family members.

In order to proceed, they will be required to provide the account PIN or be asked to validate three pieces of information, such as date of birth, driver’s license, last 3 digits of your friend’s SIN card, or last 4 digits of his credit card on file. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/things-know-about-cancelling-koodo

You're not getting the point. I'm not in touch with his family and I don't even know how to contact them. If I could contact them they certainly would have no clue what his PIN number or any other personal information would be. They wouldn't even have known his phone number. The only reason they even knew he was deceased was the hospital had to hunt down the next of kin. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Perhaps we don’t understand the situation. If you are not next of kin or have any other relationship with the deceased, then why does Koodo “harass” you and why are you getting the bill reminders on your email address? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You're not getting the point. I'm not in touch with his family and I don't even know how to contact them. If I could contact them they certainly would have no clue what his PIN number or any other personal information would be. They wouldn't even have known his phone number. The only reason they even knew he was deceased was the hospital had to hunt down the next of kin. 

In that case, you may need to reach out to the hospital to find the contact details for the next of kin and remind them to cancel the plan. Koodo cannot do anything without the consent of the account owner, whom is deceased. Otherwise, you can block their email address and move on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it's just a matter of your email being on the account and you want to stop receiving them you can either mark the email as spam so that you don't see them in your inbox anymore, or you can login to the koodo account (reset the password if you don't know it) and change the email to something random so that you stop receiving communications.

Now that's a brilliant idea. Yes I have his login details because he was technology illiterate so I handled his billing etc etc