Koodo Community
Question

data overage

• 7 September 2023
  • 2 replies

So I ran into an issue, my 4 yr old daughter figured out how to accept data charges. Not just 1 or 2 but an accumulation of over $500 /mo the for 2 months. The data notifications were being sent to my wife and daughters phone instead of my phone(account holder)I am the only authorized user. Infact the only notification s I received were ( " your data has been paused,you have reached 500$ in data charges"). After days and weeks of attempting to come to a resolution I get a call from Johnny from Telus on the 5th of July he understands my situation and we come to an agreement wherin a credit for 260$ would be given towards the 350$ pay per use data from June. My billing date is the 11th of every month. Less then a week after speaking with and negotiating a reasonable compromise for both parties I receive the bill for June. I was under the impression that I was negotiating for June but low and behold I was negotiating for the useage charges from May but get by another bill amounting to over 700$ . I try to be calm but finding it impossible to get any kind of help. Finally get a chance to speak with someone that's actually willing to investigate what's happening, getting transfers 5 times over 2 hrs and 40 minutes on and off hold. The conclusion by whoever is that they won't  be adding any type of credit because they already did once for the same situation. I insist to speak to someone higher up  the food chain and anticipated a call around 11 on Friday and nothing until yesterday morning at 9am. Which I missed and today they decided to lock out my account and put me through to collection after paying a total of over $1700 in 3 months ... They have the odassidy to put me through to collections and lock my account! My question is.  if all payments have been made (not including Any disputed amounts) as stated in the terms and conditions ,   why am I being thrown to the creditor and locked out of my service? Also why was I only notified of the overages once the amount totaled 500$  instead of 50$, why was my 4 year old daughter able to accept charges with one touch of a pre defined "yes"   and why is it that everyone I have spoken to, so reluctant to to offer any level of negotiation.  This is not a case where koodo will have to take a devastating loss. this is a case where koodo  is literally is taking food out of  our mouths and then forcing us to find other means of communication until this disputed amount can be resolved!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you actually given the $260 credit for May?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"The data notifications were being sent to my wife and daughters phone instead of my phone(account holder)I am the only authorized user."

How many line you have ? Your line and your wife- 2 lines?  And you are the account holder?

Can you log into your self serve and check permission setting for subscribers? You can control the subscriber not able to add data top up.

Didn't any reps mentioned about that?