Koodo Community
Question

contest charges

Back in December I was out of data so I agreed to buy another 1G. A few days later I got a text offering me 25G for a better price, so I agreed and cancelled the 1G.  Then Koodo sent an offer 50G a month for $3 more then my current plan. So I cancelled my previous purchases and upgrade my accounts to the 50G. When I received my bill for the month, it was $30 more than usual. How do I speak with someone about these charges?

thank you,

Emma

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Back in December I was out of data so I agreed to buy another 1G. A few days later I got a text offering me 25G for a better price, so I agreed and cancelled the 1G.  Then Koodo sent an offer 50G a month for $3 more then my current plan. So I cancelled my previous purchases and upgrade my accounts to the 50G. When I received my bill for the month, it was $30 more than usual. How do I speak with someone about these charges?

thank you,

Emma

Can you provide a screenshot of your bill? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There were 2 issues there. 

First is the data top-up, once you accepted it,they would charge you instantly. There isn't any refund on that.

Second is the plan change in the middle of the billing cycle. There will be some adjustments due to the difference in rateplan between the two plans.

I recommend you to look into the pdf bill, check the page 3 and 4 of it for more detail.

I see the breakdown and understand the charges, just frustrating given that now I have over 5x the data for $3 more had I known that within the week I would have these better options I would have just waited it out.