Koodo Community
Question

Connection Fee

• 14 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Koodo recently called and asked if I wanted to add another phone to my account. This was not something I actively sought out, but decided why not? I just got my first bill that includes the second phone and discovered I was charged a $50 connection fee. I am extremely upset about this as it was not mentioned in the call. I understand the beauty of self-serve to avoid connection fees and set up my original account myself. Koodo called ME to add services and I have to pay the connection fee?!?!?! Had I known, I would have declined and opted to add a  second phone to my account at a later date - if at all. So now I have a massive bill I wasn't expecting and can't seem to find anywhere to address my dissatisfaction. (Although there would probably be a fee for that too 😡). I have been very happy with Koodo up until now. I feel like I was duped into paying the connection fee. Does anyone know how I can address this concern? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Whenever you ordered a phone/plan in-store or asked a rep to assist, a connection fee would be applied by the system automatically. You can't get away from that. Now did you recall the rep mentioned anything about the waive of connection or not? 

No, it didn't come up. I feel like it's a really back-handed way for them to make an extra $50. You can bet I won't be adding any more services to my accout if they do another sales call.