Koodo Community

Complaint for incorrect plan and charges

• 14 March 2023
  • 2 replies

In January 2023, two female Koodo sales representatives visited me at my home. They offered me to change my telephone service to Koodo and told me that the plan to pay was $39 CAD plus taxes.

On the bill the first charge came in for $55 plus activation fees, total 242$

1.- They never told me that I would receive activation charges.

2.- the amount to pay is incorrect.

My wife called 3 times requesting the cancellation of the difference in the price of the plan 16$ for each phone line and the cancellation of the activation charges 50$ for each line.

Two months have passed and I have received two bills and I still have not received the cancellation of both charges.

Your customer service is inefficient and even worse, I cannot file a complaint against the people who activated these services because not even Koodo knows how they activated it. .

In total, I recognize as a charge for the services offered $39 for each line from the month of February and the days corresponding to the activation date in January, which in total add up to approximately $178 CAD.

If I do not receive a response as soon as possible, I will pay the amount that I do acknowledge and accept for $39 for each line and I will file a complaint with the consumer protection office for omitting information in the contracting processes and sending incorrect amounts to the plans offered later If I pay what is correct and raise the complaint, I will cancel the service.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is the customer forum, we didn't have access to your billing and account to see what happened.

If possible can you post a snapshot of the bill where you said it was unfair and incorrect?Check the page 3 and 4 from the pdf bill please. If you post here please delete/hide all personal information before doing so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi here @Antoniohb76  We have looked into your account and saw that you were able to talk with one of our agents yesterday who provided the explanation and a resolution that was accepted.