Koodo Community
Question

Charges even before recieving my Sim

• 7 September 2023
  • 11 replies

I was charged from the day i signed up for my service, recommended to activate online to save $60.

Aug 28 - applied for new account

Sept 3 - received my first invoice from Aug 28 - Aug 31, and for Sept

Sept 6 - received my Sim and used the self serve to port my number, because i asked someone to call me

they texted me to tell me someone would be calling, no one called so i couldn't correct the billing issue and now i cant find a number so i need to use the Forum

#kodoo please correct this asap as i have 30 days to cancel and i will not port my huspand line here either, this is a terrible first experience and time consuming for your customers

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Lsambhi We do our best to make sure we are absolutely transparent about all the charges. During the sign up process all customers are asked to agree the service charges for online orders start at time of shipping the order. Savings are still material given the connection fee wave of $60. Canada Post typically takes 2-3 business days to deliver the SIM. Phone orders arrive even quicker.  The below copy and checkbox is what each customer presented with at time of their online order:

We do see less than $4 charge for the prorated amount.  Is this the amount you are inquiring about?

did same to me 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nicky711 Couldn’t locate your account with the email address you used here to take a look at your account. Did you accept the terms? That why we ask customers to check the box. Otherwise the order cannot proceed. 

Dont remember but I got the sim card Thats not the only problem.

Hello Bernard,

Thank you for your prompt attention to my inquiry.

I believe there may be some discrepancies in the billing for services that were not utilized on my account? For your reference, the charges in question are spanning from August 28 to September 6.

I've requested callbacks twice to resolve this issue but have not received any phone calls, though I have been notified via text that someone would contact me.

I've noticed that other customers have received refunds for similar issues on this support forum. As I understand it, billing for unused services may not be compliant with legal standards.

Could you please arrange for a refund? 

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your timely response.

Best regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you still referring to billing occurring prior to receiving your sim?  If so, this was noted when you initially signed up as mentioned by Bernard.  This is regardless of if you utilized it or not.

If this is not what you are referring to, what billing discrepancies are you referring to?

Note that refunds for situations like these were given a long time ago, how ever this has not been the practice in recent periods, especially after the check box that was added during the online sign up process

how would i get someone to call me? i find the chat program says someone will call but hasn't called. 

would you mind setting up someone to call me please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you received a text saying the callback was coming, then it should have worked.  Can you check your phone to make sure you dont Koodo’s phone number blocked?

why am i not getting your texts?

the number is not blocked, and now i am also not receiving the text from the portal. 

I’ve called Koodo and they have resolve the issue for me my port broke and that’s why they couldn’t call me nor could I get text messages. The technical support people were kind enough to fix that and also credit me because they don’t want me paying for time I didn’t have my phone service.