Koodo Community
Solved

Charged for 911 Government Fee - But contract said it was included in monthly rate plan!

• 2 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Can somebody please let me know why I have a government 911 charge on my bills?  This was supposed to be included in the monthly rate plan.  I had reservations signing up with Koodo because Telus used to pull these stunts on me all the time.  What gives?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 2 April 2022, 16:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can somebody please let me know why I have a government 911 charge on my bills?  This was supposed to be included in the monthly rate plan.  I had reservations signing up with Koodo because Telus used to pull these stunts on me all the time.  What gives?

Considering you live in Alberta, there is a 911 government fee, which is $0.95. The only province that does not charge a fee is Ontario. Other carriers also charge the fee, as it is required by the provincial government. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/e911-and-t911

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right above the section that you took a screenshot of there should be a section called “my add-ons” that lists the 911 fee and the price of it.

Right above the section that you took a screenshot of there should be a section called “my add-ons” that lists the 911 fee and the price of it.

Unfortunately, this was not the case for me.  But I did see some very small print regarding taxes further up. 

Regardless, when I read that the “911 Government Fee” was on the list of Included services, I didn’t feel the need to consult with a legal team to know what that actually means.  I just got off the phone with Koodo a few minutes ago and I suggested that they could change the wording from “911 Government Fee” to “911 Access” since that would be a more honest approach.

Considering you live in Alberta, there is a 911 government fee, which is $0.95. The only province that does not charge a fee is Ontario. Other carriers also charge the fee, as it is required by the provincial government. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/e911-and-t911

Thanks for the link, this was very helpful!