Koodo Community
Solved

Charged double for tab

• 14 February 2023
  • 3 replies

At the end of January I upgraded my phone, the balance on my account showed $36 tab $0.45 tab bonus remaining. I agreed to the payout of tab and tab bonus of $36.45. When I received my bill Feb 13 I am charged the tab as well as the payouts  $36+$36+$0.45. When I called the rep said that the tab is for the next month. Tell me how I would know that they had already taken Feb anmount owing off of my account 2 weeks before they billed it? If I had $72 left to pay, why did it not show that?? I then could have made an informed decision about whether I wanted to pay for 2 phones for 2 months. 

icon

Best answer by Dennis 14 February 2023, 00:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The rep is right.  Koodo does a horrible job showing this in the Tab screen.

I was thinking about switching providers but I confirmed with rep at the time that it was only $36 remaining and I was able to keep my plan… guess I made the wrong choice this time and should have switched. We have 2 other phones coming up for renewal shortly. I will make a wiser decision. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is $36 of tab remaining, based on your bill already charging your $36.

If you go back and look at your initial bill, you can count the number of times the $36 is charged.  It will be 24 times.  You will not have been overcharged.  But unfortunately the information displayed is a bit unclear

Here is an article that explains this in more detail: