Koodo Community
Solved

Cannot put money onto my prepaid account. Seems linked to the new self serve nonsense.

Basically I cannot top up my account manually using my credit card. I get some sort of loading circles where it should be and nothing happens after that. I have three phones I do that with, prepaid all of them, and I was only able to pay off one of them. The only difference in plan is that the phone I could add money to was a newer plan that includes some data where the older ones don’t. Just the basic 15$ a month plan on all three phones, they don’t need more than that.

I’ve tried using this “community” service before and it was of absolutely no help. I was able to find a Koodo support number elsewhere and they were helpful and prompt. I can no longer find that number though so I’m here again. The Koodo assist thing was also useless and broken.

Why can’t Koodo just have a customer service number like any proper company does? Also, why did they need to break what wasn’t broken? The self serve for prepaid customers worked just fine before, now it doesn’t and clearly I’m not the only one having issues with it. I need to top in three days or else I lose my account or something, I have no idea what’ll happen.

TL;DR I need Koodo’s customer support number.

icon

Best answer by DFXB 10 December 2022, 03:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think you might have tried postpaid selfserve instead of prepaid service. If you were a prepaid customers, if you forgot password, you just need to reset 

I think you might have tried postpaid selfserve instead of prepaid service. If you were a prepaid customers, if you forgot password, you just need to reset 

I KNOW I it’s the prepaid section since I can log in just fine, it’s the just the page is broken for two of the threes phones I top-up. This has never happened until they had to go and change it. If you read my post you’d realize I already went over that.

Anyways, once again I found help elsewhere. I managed to get around the jankiness of the “digital rep” thing and have a callback scheduled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Would you mind sharing with us what the solution to your problem was? 

I’m having the exact same issue, the new website is pretty but incredibly broken. I can even see my credit card faded in the background with the three dot throbber  going on until it times out. I’m logged in I’ve been a prepaid customer for years. This is not a good look, if you’re trying to make money you should be able to take my money. :D 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m having the exact same issue, the new website is pretty but incredibly broken. I can even see my credit card faded in the background with the three dot throbber  going on until it times out. I’m logged in I’ve been a prepaid customer for years. This is not a good look, if you’re trying to make money you should be able to take my money. :D 

Try scheduling a callback with Koodo Assist (prepaid) by following the prompts and entering “rep needed” twice in the chat box. You can explain the Self Serve glitch in greater detail when you receive the callback.

I am having the same problem. When I click on “Add Funds with Credit or Visa Debit Card”, I see the 3 loading circles with information in the background for many minutes. Nothing else occurs; it times out (with the time-out of being logged in too long).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am having the same problem. When I click on “Add Funds with Credit or Visa Debit Card”, I see the 3 loading circles with information in the background for many minutes. Nothing else occurs; it times out (with the time-out of being logged in too long).

Are you able to access your prepaid account by dialling *611?

Might have to use this as a workaround until the self serve problem is fixed.

I have not tried that yet. A friend who needs to top up early next week tried that and did not have success. My top up needs to be at the end of the month. I am hoping the site functionality will be fixed by then.

By the way, I had tried the latest versions of a few browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and LibreWolf. My friend tried Vivaldi. I don’t like the new design; I prefer the old one. But I will go with it if I can do what I need to as easily as before. 

I have not tried that yet. A friend who needs to top up early next week tried that and did not have success. My top up needs to be at the end of the month. I am hoping the site functionality will be fixed by then.

By the way, I had tried the latest versions of a few browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and LibreWolf. My friend tried Vivaldi. I don’t like the new design; I prefer the old one. But I will go with it if I can do what I need to as easily as before. 

This seems to be have been fixed. I was able to top up for the next 30-day period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This seems to be have been fixed. I was able to top up for the next 30-day period.

That’s definitely good news! Thank you for the update!