Koodo Community
Question

Can't order online, says in store only

• 3 April 2023
  • 6 replies

I had issues placing my order online last week so called to get help. They were not able to help as phone was available online only. They mailed me a sim card which was already activated and showing I owe for a bill on the 25th yet I haven't even used the sim yet. 

Tried to order the phone online I wanted and even though it still says online only to purchase when I go to purchase it says it's only available in the store. Why? 

Credit check has been completed and I am approved. Why am I have so many issues ordering the phone now? And why is billing started on a sim I haven't even used yet? I just received the sim an hour ago. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone is this?

S20 fe 5g

Preowned, $1/mth

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you try to order the phone when you first signed up?

Are you on the spending limit program?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So when you order, Koodo immediately starts the clock on billing. You can send a private message to Koodo via Fb Messenger or DM via Twitter to ask to be credited to the day that you received the sim card. But if you continue to not use it past that date, you won’t be credited further I imagine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

“I had issues placing my order online last week so called to get help. They were not able to help as phone was available online only. They mailed me a sim card ...”

Who is “they”? Astore rep or phone rep?

And they told you that they cant place an order for the phone, yet send you a SIM? Is it means you sign up for BYOD even tho you wanted to purchase a phone?  It doesn't make sense...

“Tried to order the phone online I wanted and even though it still says online only to purchase when I go to purchase it says it's only available in the store.”

-Do you have a screenshot of it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had issues placing my order online last week so called to get help. They were not able to help as phone was available online only. They mailed me a sim card which was already activated and showing I owe for a bill on the 25th yet I haven't even used the sim yet. 

Tried to order the phone online I wanted and even though it still says online only to purchase when I go to purchase it says it's only available in the store. Why? 

Credit check has been completed and I am approved. Why am I have so many issues ordering the phone now? And why is billing started on a sim I haven't even used yet? I just received the sim an hour ago. 

It’s likely your account is too new. Generally speaking, you need to wait at least 45 days after your date of activation to be able to order online. If you are in a rush to get a new phone, you can head to your nearest Koodo store or authorized dealer for the time being.