Koodo Community
Question

Can't make a payment by credit card

• 12 December 2022
  • 19 replies

I was trying to pay my bill using credit card, it always shows it didnt go through , either start it over or use different method. ive tried couple times, its still not working.

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Supero Can you pls share a screenshot of the error message (minus any personals)? We don’t see an “attempt” made for payment so the screenshot maybe helpful. 

Here is the screenshot of the error msg

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Supero Ok, I think I know what’s going on...you joined Koodo recently and in the first few months the address we have on file for you must match the address you have on your credit card.  ANd the unit number is different. For now I would suggest to make the firt few payments via your bank, after that the credit card should work. 

Hello, I am having the same issue. I cannot pay via Credit Card nor can I set up pre-auth payments. Can someone please help with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@IDB Looks like you are in the same position as the other poster. Pls follow my recommnedation above. 

Hi Bernard, thanks for the response. I’ve checked the address on file and it matches what I have with the bank currently. I’ve changed it on my Koodo account over a week ago (since the rep that set it up added an extra number). Is it taking a while for Koodo’s system to update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@IDB When you signed up a credit check was performed. The address on your credit bureau profile (the one that was atrached to your CC I suppose) is indeed different. It may have been updated at some point, it appears it hasn’t flown thrugh yet, which creates the challenge right now. It a security feature we can’t disable in order to protect account. 

Hi Bernard, the address that was used to credit check has not changed, and is still the same on my credit card.

However, the Koodo account was indeed set up with an incorrect address, that I have since edited under my profile and it now displays correctly.

All that said, both my Koodo profile address (now updated to correct one) and by CC adddress are now matching. So my question is, is Koodo’s system not registering the update change under my Koodo profile?

I don’t mind making a direct payment from by bank account for the first bill or 2, but since both addresses are now the same, when will I be able to set up pre-auth payments with my credit card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@IDB Indeed the relaxation of the security feature is not immediate.  For the first payment I definitely suggest making the payment via your bank.  The second month should see the update. 

I can't make a payment with my credit card all of the sudden. No address change or anything different for many months. It just won’t except it now. Get “Heads Up” message/error above.  Tried the last 3 days (thinking the holiday season might be the issue), still no success. Tried another credit card as well. Didn’t work either.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MikeC999 Hmmmm...very strange. No reports of payment system being down. I can’t even see anything on your account in terms of attempted payment. Could you pls try dialling 611 on your phone and follow the prompt to payment? If it goes through that way we can log a ticket to look into what cause the problem for you online. 

I decided to try it in Chrome rather than Safari and it worked fine. Something funky with Safari. Going to try clearing the Safari browser cache for next time.

@Bernard Koodo Hi, Bernard. I am still unable to pay through credit card for this month balance. i think you’ve updated my unit number, can you see what went wrong this time? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Supero I don’t see any payment attempts made on our end. Where did you try to make a payment and what error did you get? Same as the one you shared above? Did you also try dialling 611 from your phone?

@Bernard Koodo  when I summited the payment ,it was showing the same error as the one I shared last month , so I can call 611 to fix it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Supero Calling 611 is an alternative way to see if your card works. If it doesn’t pls schedule a call back by using Koodo Assist at koodo.com/help. You can pick a time slot that works for you and then a rep can over ride the card hiccups so it doesn’t happen in the future. 

Same stupid problem here with the “Head’s up” error. Cannot pay or set up auto payment by credit card. The profile address matches the CC address. I was a previous PC mobile customer who was transferred to koodo. Lots of problems with mobile number transfers but that’s another issue. Not at all impressed with Koodo. Anyways how can I resolve the credit card payment problem? BTW the credit card is fine. I use it every day.

Bryan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@bryanp if you call 611 and try to pay over the phone, are you able to pay successfully with your credit card

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@bryanp The credit card you used has you old address tied to it which is different than the address we have on file for you when you opened your account. The addresses must match in order to make a payment online. Of course payment can also be made via your bank, although it will take 3-5 days for them to transfer it to us. I hope this helps.