Koodo Community
Question

Bought a phone on Koodo website

• 21 September 2023
  • 6 replies

I recently purchased an iPhone 15 pro through Koodo. I was under the impression that my monthly phone cost was $33, with a monthly plan cost of $62. However, once the phone was delivered, a one-time charge of $970 was deducted. What happened?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You received your iphone 15 pro already?  It’s not supposed to be out until Friday.

Which size (GB) of iphone pro did you get?

It sounds like you have the 256GB with 14% tax after reversing the math.

Since the iphone 15 pro 256GB is $1644, after the tab ($33 for 24 months) the remaining amount owing is $852 with is around $970 after 14% tax.

I haven't received the iPhone 15 Pro yet. However, I did receive an email stating that the shipping number(ups 1Z68YF15DK14054532), and $970 has been deducted from my account.

Ah... So does that mean I paid $979

upfront and the remaining half in installments? Anyway, it seems like I didn't buy the iPhone 15 Pro for $852...😂Then what does it mean by the 'Tab Plus Discount' that was mentioned?

Does that mean I have to pay the $979 upfront and the remaining $759 in installments?

Is Koodo more expensive than the official Apple website, given that it's $1,644 on Koodo and $1,599 on the Apple official website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes. If they have discount promotion, that should be in the Tab bonus amount.

Koodo payments were divided over 24 months period without interest. So I guess they inflated the price for those. Anyway, It is their price through their channel.  If you had money, I recommend you get the phone directly from Apple.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you do not want to pay this amount, you have 30 days to return your phone.

Note that the refund will take time to process (once Koodo receives the phone back)

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/webstore-policies

Is Koodo more expensive than the official Apple website, given that it's $1,644 on Koodo and $1,599 on the Apple official website?

It depends how you want to pay. To buy outright from Apple you will save $45.00 over Koodo, but if you want to finance then you would pay $91 more with Apple because of the 7.99% financing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It used to be 0% financing with Apple earlier this summer.  I guess they needed to increase the interest rates along with the banks