Koodo Community
Solved

Black Friday - missing credits from first month?

• 12 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I just received my first bill, it seems about $20 higher than what it should be.

If I were to do calculation I think it would be approx

$65 - 20 credit =

45 * (25/31 (number of days in partial month))

+ $15 + tax

=  57.95 for dec-jan

and

$65 - $20 bill credit + $15 device

= 60 + tax

= $67.8 for jan-feb

for total of about  $126ish

Maybe give or take a few bucks depending on how certain things are calculated.

Am I missing some sort of discount?

Here is image of relevent part of bill. I did a port number 2 days into my service.

Sorry image seems to come in small here, either zoom in with browser or here is external link 

https://imgur.com/a/S8mmeyK

icon

Best answer by Goran 12 January 2023, 20:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4

I just received my first bill, it seems about $20 higher than what it should be.

If I were to do calculation I think it would be approx

$65 - 20 credit =

45 * (25/31 (number of days in partial month))

+ $15 + tax

=  57.95 for dec-jan

and

$65 - $20 bill credit + $15 device

= 60 + tax

= $67.8 for jan-feb

for total of about  $126ish

Maybe give or take a few bucks depending on how certain things are calculated.

Am I missing some sort of discount?

Here is image of relevent part of bill. I did a port number 2 days into my service.

Sorry image seems to come in small here, either zoom in with browser or here is external link 

https://imgur.com/a/S8mmeyK

Koodo doesn’t prorate monthly credits from the day you signed up to your billing cycle start date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo starts their credits for these promos with the first full billing cycle . You can expect to see it then. If you don’t please do come back ehre so we can flag a rep to assist. 

That is pretty lame. So I am a week short of a full cycle and lose out on like $15 worth of credits? Someone could be 1 day short? Is that in the fine print they dont do that?

That isn’t what  was listed( I signed up for a $65 plan with $20 discount), guess just another way for corporations to extract a few extra dollars out of customers..

Oh well…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You still get 24 months worth of credits.  Otherwise you would get partial credits and on the 24th month you will get some weird partial credit again.  This way the credit is much cleaner

I flagged this with Koodo as soon as I got my confirmation for this deal as it wasn’t showing the discount. They said it would get resolved within a couple of months and it would appear as credit on my bill. This is my second or third bill cycle now and it still hasn’t showed. So I don’t know whats going on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I flagged this with Koodo as soon as I got my confirmation for this deal as it wasn’t showing the discount. They said it would get resolved within a couple of months and it would appear as credit on my bill. This is my second or third bill cycle now and it still hasn’t showed. So I don’t know whats going on. 

Hi @Penny Potter .

Can you please start you own post and include a screenshot of page 3 or 4 your detailed pdf ebill from self serve that shows your plan and the missing credit. Make sure to black out Any personal info 

I sheduled a call back from Koodo and they have promised to put my credit on my next bill and set up the discount going forward. Hopefully this will happen.