Koodo Community
Question

billing question

• 18 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! With advice from plan advisor I switched my provider from telus to koodoo when I upgraded my cel phone/plan. I was with Koodoo for one day when my daughter (who is on the same plan with me) advised that we needed to see itch back to telus (reasons based on her other accounts with telus). So, we switched back from Koodoo to Telus and told that this was a simple change and nothing would be disrupted with account (no charges from Koodoo as we did not use the service). I then reviewed a bill from Koodoo for more than $200 and asked for full payment.  This is not a charge that I should be paying as I did not use the provider service. I do not, however, know how to address given there is t customer service to speak to. Your advice and input would be greatly appreciated. 

thank you 

Andrea 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, you bought a phone from Koodo?

Did you return it as well when you switch back?

No, the phone(s) - both mine and my daughters’ are owned (purchased through telus who was our original provider). We both went to a telus store as our phones were at the end of their two year program, decided to buy the new phones and then set up our plan - advised at telus store that Koodoo would be a slightly better rate for our provider and therefore we signed up. The day after we both decided that the phone model we had decided on was not really feeling like the best choice and since you can exchange the phones within that first couple of weeks of owning them, we went back to telus and upgraded the phones AND opted to go back to telus (we were at a different telus store and they suggested we move back to telus provider as all our hole services are also with telus and there was a bundle offer that they could give us). So, 1 day with Koodoo and then we switched back to Telus. A week later (approx) I received email from Koodoo saying owed $200+ for my service - which I didn’t have or use. I cannot find how I can have this fee cancelled due to the above and the amount is now being moved to collections. 

Appreciate any insights/help. 

thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, the phone(s) - both mine and my daughters’ are owned (purchased through telus who was our original provider). We both went to a telus store as our phones were at the end of their two year program, decided to buy the new phones and then set up our plan - advised at telus store that Koodoo would be a slightly better rate for our provider and therefore we signed up. The day after we both decided that the phone model we had decided on was not really feeling like the best choice and since you can exchange the phones within that first couple of weeks of owning them, we went back to telus and upgraded the phones AND opted to go back to telus (we were at a different telus store and they suggested we move back to telus provider as all our hole services are also with telus and there was a bundle offer that they could give us). So, 1 day with Koodoo and then we switched back to Telus. A week later (approx) I received email from Koodoo saying owed $200+ for my service - which I didn’t have or use. I cannot find how I can have this fee cancelled due to the above and the amount is now being moved to collections. 

Appreciate any insights/help. 

thank you 

How long has it been that you switched back to Telus? Can you provide a screenshot of your bill with a detailed list of charges? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.