Koodo Community
Question

Billing issue

• 29 March 2023
  • 8 replies

I have been setup on auto-payment with my Amex since day one with Koodo.  I rarely login to Koodo as this is a phone for my daughter and the bills are consistently $65 and paid automatically.

Last month, I received a notice from Credit Karma I had been tagged with a late payment (my credit score WAS 875, I would never let that happen)!!  There was no record of declined charges to my Amex, no notifications from Koodo that a payment was late, or from Amex that a ~$65 charge was declined - which would have immediately shown on my phone.

I logged in right away on Mar 13 to the billing page where it stated I was behind 3 months!!!  What!?  I immediately paid the balance ($221).  As a precaution I also updated my pre-payment method to another card (although 100% unnecessary).

I have now logged in again and I have a warning that if I don’t make another $75 payment by Apr 4 I will be subject to late charges!  What is going on?  Please contact me asap.   The money is one thing, this erroneous billing issue on the Koodo end caused my perfect credit score to drop by 100 points!

This is a big deal.  Please contact me.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you checked your PDF invoice to see what the charges come from? Also have you checked your spam folder to see if the payment reminders came in that way? How are set up to receive notification for invoices?

Thanks Sophia.  

So the $75 payment showing owed by Apr 4 was taken care of in the $221 payment Mar 13 when I discovered this issue (the way your billing overview page is setup is confusing (see pic).  But that’s that.

My statements come to my gmail inbox.  I have no statements for Feb and Mar.  I also have no notification from Koodo that payment was declined (which it wasn’t), or if anything had changed from pre-auth (which I didn’t).  Essentially nothing to warn me anything changed.  I always used to get this message with my bill:

“Remember, since you’re on pre-authorized payment, no action is required.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you checked your Amex card to see if it the card was expired or there was a change in card?

Also, they mentioned, if you setup pre-authorized payment , it might take one billing cycle for the setup to be effective."it can take one full bill cycle for your PAP to register" https://www.koodomobile.com/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments 

There was no change with the card.  It doesn’t expire until 11-25.  Never made a change on my side.   I am not disputing the charges.  The hit to my credit report through no fault of my own needs to be fixed - that’s my problem here.  Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is this a newer card? When did you get it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @jharc  We have looked into your account. You are all paid up, your amount due is $0.00 :) 

You should also see the same when you log into your Self-serve.  

Thanks.  The issue again is not any outstanding balance.  The issue is something happened on Koodo’s end to take me off pre-auth payments resulting in a late payment that has impacted my credit score materially through no fault of my own.  This is the issue I need resolved.  It’s not the money which I agree was owed and is settled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jharc  The pre-auth payments weren’t taken off, the card expired on 12/22.  We have also sent you multiple notifications like this one: 

Hope this helped!