Koodo Community
Question

Billing and Payments

• 5 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I started my Koodo plan in the middle of November. It’s supposed to be $30 a month for 20 GB for the black Friday deal. I haven’t paid any of my bills yet and I just noticed that I got a bill for $226. I’m only supposed to be charge $30 a month since the middle of November, so why am I being charged so much money? It’s only been five months so I should be charged 5×30 which is $150, not 226. Also, they told me there won’t be any activation fee or anything like that.

Also, they told me there won’t be any activation fee or anything like that.

May someone from the customer service team please help me out here?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is hard to know the exact reason from your description. Could you log into your self-serve download the PDF bill of last few months and check the page 3 and 4 of it? If possible, can you post a snapshot of the area where it showed the detail of the $226 charge?

Hide/delete all personal information before posting pls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I started my Koodo plan in the middle of November. It’s supposed to be $30 a month for 20 GB for the black Friday deal. I haven’t paid any of my bills yet and I just noticed that I got a bill for $226. I’m only supposed to be charge $30 a month since the middle of November, so why am I being charged so much money? It’s only been five months so I should be charged 5×30 which is $150, not 226. Also, they told me there won’t be any activation fee or anything like that.

Also, they told me there won’t be any activation fee or anything like that.

May someone from the customer service team please help me out here?

It is important to know that there are late payment charges added on to the outstanding balance. The amount would keep going up if you do not pay it off. After a certain point, Koodo will take it to a collection agency and your credit will take a hit. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/past-due-bill