Koodo Community
Question

Billed for cancellation of an account not created

• 25 July 2023
  • 5 replies

When setting up my first account, the service agent was not able to get it to work.  On  a second try he was able to set up the account.  

However I have received two bills.  The first is the normal bill I expected.  But I also received a second bill for a disconnection charge for the first failed attempt.  How do I get Koodo to remove this second charge that I am not responsible for.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you sign up and when did you try to create your self serve?

What was the issue with the self serve set up?

I signed up 3 weeks ago at the mall.   There was no issue with self-serve, but it only recognizes the charge for the 2nd attempt. It does not show the disconnection charged I received for the 1st unsuccessful account, but I did receive an email saying payment will be due.

I don’t understand why I have to pay a disconnection fee for a phone number I never received.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you login to your self serve and download you detailed pdf ebill.

What does the charge exactly say in the pdf ebill?

And how much is this charge?

There is only one charge.  The set up costs for the 2nd successful account (roughly $200).  In a separate email it says that I have to pay at $69.60 disconnection fee for the 1st account the Koodo agent failed to create.   

I was able to get a Koodo agent to cancel the charge and account from the 1st unsuccessful account.

Thanks