Koodo Community
Question

billed $11 for US roaming AND $23.30 for a phone call while using EasyRoam

• 11 September 2022
  • 7 replies

I have Easy Roam set up and was automatically charged the $11/day when I used my phone for the first time when I went down the the US. I just checked my bill and I was also charged a per minute rate for several calls I made down there, while I was supposed to be on Easy Roam! How do I get this fixed, as I can’t talk to a human about it. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you were charged both easyroam and outgoing at payperuse rate? Were those call to a US or Canada number? Were those toll-free number?

Correct: I was charged $11 earlier in the day, and then used my phone to call a US number in the US, and was charged pay-per-use. How do I talk to a human to resolve this?

Two days in a row this happened. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You’ll need to schedule a callback using the Koodo's Digital Asistant : koodo.com/chat 

Hello @oggiedoggie! We checked the charges and it looks like your phone accidentally connected to a Canadian tower while you were in the U.S. on August 11th. We adjusted the long distance charges and you can check your updated amount due in Self Serve

https://community.koodomobile.com/members/lavinia-koodo-9802129

Hi Lavinia Koodo,

thank you so much for your help!

I can’t easily see on Self Serve the charges that youactually removed. Specifically, I see the “Amount Due” went from $136.19 to $103.04. But where does it show what you credited back to me?

There is another issue on my bill: I was charged $11/day on both August 14 and 15, but in the time zone that I was in, the charge on 15th was actually still on 14th, my time! So the charge is in error. Can you fix this as well. Also, EasyRoam is supposed to be for 24 hours. Instead of four easyroam charges, I should only have 3.

The physical location where I was in the US is somewhere I will return to, and so this may happen again. How do I ensure this does not happen again? Otherwise I need to go find a different carrier.

Thanks again!

Laura

Hello @oggiedoggie! We’ve just left a message in private with more details about the adjustments.