Koodo Community
Question

Bill is very high, discounts taken out?

I have been with koodo for almost 2 yrs now and pay 100cad for mine and my wife’s bill. Current bill is 115.64cad dont understand why and dont see any discounts applied which usually keeps bill to 100. I am feeling being overcharged for being a loyal customer and would like to know my options.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What were the discounts that you no longer have?

Most promotional bill credits only last for 12 or 24 months so it may just be that they finally ran out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can also download last month and this month's PDF bill and see a difference or check if there is some other charges.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jodha23 As per the above customers comments, indeed on one of the lines the discount that came at the time of sign up has expired. You do have a awesome offer on the line though that allows you to keep your monthly payment at the current amount and get 40gb data. That’s more than 3 times the data you have to day for no higher price. You can certainly make the change online and lock in your future data needs with this great offer. 

I compared my past months Bill there was 10 cad discount on my wife's line which is not there anymore. Her line still has 6-7 months of contract left and on my line 1 month left. Is there a way I can downgrade plans as it feels too much now with current costs. I don't need data more than 1-2gb at max.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I compared my past months Bill there was 10 cad discount on my wife's line which is not there anymore. Her line still has 6-7 months of contract left and on my line 1 month left. Is there a way I can downgrade plans as it feels too much now with current costs. I don't need data more than 1-2gb at max.

So, the discount was expired on your wife's line. 

For downgrade the plan is depends on your Tab situation. How much Tab balance And Tab bonus left? You would need to pay off both Tab balance and bonus to downgrade your plan. And it can be expensive.

Wife's line remaining 128.10 cad and on my line 21.25 cad remaining. I would like to pay in regular schedule but want to downgrade plans so that Bill remains under 100 atleast. It feels too expensive now and not comfortable to continue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wife's line remaining 128.10 cad and on my line 21.25 cad remaining. I would like to pay in regular schedule but want to downgrade plans so that Bill remains under 100 atleast. It feels too expensive now and not comfortable to continue.

Have you calculated the amounts to see whether paying off the remaining Tab and Tab Bonus balances would be less expensive than the savings you would get if you wait until the line has completed with the 2-year period? 

Can't pay right away and it looks pricier to pay off in one go. Would prefer normal course but downgrade of plans to keep Bill under 100. Any options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately for a tab plus or tab mid you require at least a $55 (maybe $60) plan.

What are your plans now?

Both are 50 cad each, my line has 8gb n wife's line has 12gb data. I would prefer to get cheaper plan with less data 2-3gb max for both.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Cheaper plans would require no tab, but you said that you are unable to pay these off right away.

So in the mean time, you are kinda stuck unless you pay off your tabs