Koodo Community
Question

ATU Discount 10% - PP15 missing

I’m on prepaid account for years, I have Automatic Top-ups Enabled with amount $15 monthly, I use to get a 10% discount on the Top-ups amount - $1.50 per month, however, I have just discovered that the 10% discount has been missing since June 2022. Could anybody help?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you stop your auto top ups for a while? Koodo did away with the 10% discount, although they grandfathered people as long as they kept their auto top up untouched. Unfortunately, if you lost it and especially for as long as you did, there isn’t anything that can be done now :(

No, I did not stop the ATU at any moment!  I read the Q&A that:

“ As of January 9, 2020, the 10% monthly automatic top-up bonus credit will no longer be offered to new customers signing up for auto top-ups. If you're currently registered to get the bonus credit, don't worry - it will stay on your account. If you turn off automatic top-ups and decide to turn it back on again, the bonus credit will no longer work.”

Therefore, I have kept the ATU enable without interruption.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Except, it has been interrupted for almost a year. You could try scheduling a call back, but I don’t give you much hope. The link to use is  koodomobile.com/prepaidchat.

Yes, I have scheduled a call back to talk to the rep tomorrow, thanks Sophia!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good luck :) Let us know whether you got it. Also, since obviously you have an older account, make sure you are using Koodo’s latest prepaid plan (also $15) because it’s the best yet - with 250MB (on auto top up), 100 minutes and unlimited incoming. Just so you’re aware in case they tell you “no”, then the blow won’t be so hard 😄

Thanks Sophia, so Koodo has OLD prepaid plan and LATEST prepaid plan? what does it mean? I don’t aware what is it with 250MB (on auto top up), 100 minutes and unlimited incoming. I have my prepaid plan with Koodo since 2017 (along with 2 other family members so total 3 prepaid ac with them),  auto top up by credit card $15/monthly, I seldom login it account until today and found the payment history did not show that 10% ATU discount since June 2022.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah, you’re in for a treat then. Koodo makes changes to their offerings occasionally and currently, their $15 plan offers all that. To change to it, I suggest you wait till one day BEFORE your plan expires (don’t allow it to renew, or you’ll lose out on an entire month). Then visit self serve and switch to the updated $15 plan. You will need to top up $15 of course, but your auto renewal won’t be affected at all and you won’t lose any money.

If by any chance Koodo DOES add back your 10% discount, that won’t be affected either. Win win!

Wow, I just don’t aware that, although I’ve got email from Koodo from time to time but none of them mentioned such offer. Thanks again,  sure will following your advice to change to the better plan. Thanks again!!

As about the NEW prepaid plan, I have just login again, I check THE NEW PLAN but DON’T see the words that mentioned 250MB (on auto top up), it just said with 100 minutes and unlimited incoming etc… Is it the 250MB data will be automatically on auto top-up?

Another question is that HOW TO MAKE “DON’T ALLOW my old plan to renew”? (as you said) as I don’t see where /how to do it in my PROFILE or under the PLAN/ADD ON section.

I can see my current plan details (old plan), then under it, it is CHANGE PLAN, if click on it, it displays the NEW PLAN details on the top, if I click on CHANGE TO THIS PLAN, it will PUT IT TO THE CART, then below is  PROCEED TO PAYMENT. would this be the correct way to CHANGE to the new plan? (just DO IT 1 day before old plan), is it the correct way? Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, so the plan doesn’t mention it in self serve for some crazy reason, but it’s mentioned here: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans

As for your second question: Yes, the way you described is indeed the correct way to change your plan.

Reason is that changing your plan counts as a plan renewal. That is to say, when you change your plan, it also gets renewed for another 30 days. Any days that were left on the current plan are lost - that is why I said you’re best off to wait till the last day.

So, let’s say your plan is set to renew on 25th of April (I don’t know your actual date). Then wait until April 24, on that date change your plan. You will lose just one day, which I think is acceptable. Your old plan will be gone, no need for further action.

If you wait till the 25th, you’re too late. Your plan renews (cost = $15) and THEN you change your plan (another $15 needed). That way you lose an entire month… you wouldn’t want that.

Got it!!!! appreciated very much for your detail explanation! Sorry to bother you so much time as I might getting old and lossing my memory ( I was born in 1949).

Surely I will change to new plan to get better offer. Thanks and have a good evening!

just wish to let you know that I have sucessfully CHANGED to the new PREPAID plan for my mother-in law ac (as I take care on her behelf, she is 87 years old don’t touch computer). I can see the new plan is including the 250m data there now!  I will do this for my wife’s ac as well at the end of this month (1 day before the cycle). Thanks very much!