Koodo Community

Application Store Service Charge $14.99

• 1 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Was charged $14.99 for something called an “Application Store Service”.  I was receiving numerous scam texts of various nature. On one it stated text back “stop 360” to discontinue service hoping this would stop the messages. When my bill came, it showed this $14.99 charge on the exact same day I responded to this text (silly me). 

I discussed this with the Koodo rep that called me back and he insisted that I had signed up for an app with an outside service and there was nothing they could do. I told him I would not be paying and was going to cancel my Koodo service. His responded there was still nothing he could do and he would help me cancel my service.

It is obvious from reading up on this on line that this is a common occurrence and Koodo is playing ignorant to a situation they know full well is happening. To take such a hard stance and be willing to lose customers shows the costs to them to reimburse must be extensive.  Very poor security and customer service.      

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

I have the same issue when I went to pay my bill and unexpectedly notice that it was not my usual amount.  I am close to leaving Koodo. This is what I posted on another thread:

I reviewed my Sept bill and I got the same charge for $4.99. I reviewed my SMS history and there was a text message from 5415 asking confirmation for Word of Games and to text back 0596 to confirm the subscription or text STOP. Within 2 minutes, I texted back STOP to cancel and received a text message back confirming unsubscribed and no longer be charged. However, I still see the charge and no refund! This is a scam and from what I read so far Koodo is no help and pushes back the responsibility on its users.

I am waiting for a call back from Koodo to see what’s going on and not allow any third party charges on my Koodo account. From what I read, other carriers like Fido can do do this. If Koodo says it can’t, then I will leave Koodo, file a complaint with the CRTC and BBB.

Hey @BWS35 

the same happened to me a few weeks back with 360VRTube. I ended up sending an email to ca@happy-apps.net . They got back fairly quickly and solved my case.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @BWS35  We have taken a look into your account and we can see that your case was escalated by the agent to the third party provider. We also see that the credit was approved and will be reflected on your next bill. 

Hope this helped. :)