Koodo Community
Question

Amex Cobalt Not Accepted?

• 17 August 2023
  • 1 reply

• Advisor
  • 10 replies

Hi all - a bit of a dilemma. For the past few years I’ve been on pre-authorized payments (post-paid plan) using my Amex Gold card. I’m switching to my new Amex Cobalt and for whatever reason, Koodo will not accept it. Self-serve online bounces back that “There's a problem with the credit card information you've provided. Please try again or use a different card” while *611 flat out states that the card isn’t accepted by Koodo. No idea why that’s the case as my other Amex has worked without any problems. I double checked that name and billing address matches with that on Amex’s file, and even contacted Amex who stated the card is active.

Any info is much appreciated! In the meantime, I’ll try callback #2 - the first rep I spoke to transferred me to a Telus billing rep who prompted me to enter my info in their automated system, which then promptly hung up on me once I entered all my card info.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@KG Per our quick discussion pls ask the rep when you get the call to “exempt” the card from being flagged. There are memos on the account they should know exactly what to do. Thanks for your patience!