Koodo Community
Question

Adds on billing when it's cancelled

I add one adds on last month and cancelled it earlier this month. When I got the bill I have to pay month for the adds on this month fully. Would part of the money be returned next month?

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What add-on was it? Most are charged for a full month, but we might be able to be more specific if we knew which one it was.

UL Long Distance Minutes (U.S.), it clearly says it starts from June 15, 2023 to July 8, 2023, I can’t see anything in my adds-on now so I think it should be cancelled?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Cecilia987 ! That’s very normal. The invoice is only generated once a month. Think of it like a snapshot of what your account looks like on that particular day. 

Since there is no way for the system to know that you were going to remove the add-on. It bills you for the entire month. 

You can expect a prorated credit on your next invoice :)

Ugh!  I cannot remove my add on!  I'm being charged $14 When I didn't even use it!  Kris!  Help!  When I was with Freedom mobile it was easy to remove the add on.  
I want that $14 removed from my last bill.  

Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter!  
Jennifer

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you trying to remove the $14 - US EasyRoam add-on?

Hi Dennis.  Yes I am.  I can't seem to navigate the system to do so.  This resulted in my being charged $14 for one month I didn't use the add on.

I would also like that charge removed please and thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So to be clear, the $14 add-on does not get applied if you do not use roaming.

It is an on-demand add-on. 

If you do not use roaming then it doesnt get triggered.  Only if you are on a roaming network and you use calling, data, or send a text (SMS) then the Easy Roam charge happens.  Which can be a good thing to prevent unabated pay-per-use roaming fees.

If you removed this $14 add-on, then you wont be charged the $14, but the roaming would have still occurred but at the pay per use rates.  Are you sure you want to remove the US Easy Roam add-on?

I would like the $14 add on removed as I do not go to the US that often.  I go twice a year and I do not want to pay $14 added to my monthly bill when I don't even use it.  Thank you.

is there anyway at all to be able to add it back on and remove it after I've used the add on without having to contact support team?

thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You wil not be paying 14$ if you don’t use it. If you do happen to need it, then it’ll be on your account and you can use it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can remove it by going to the add-ons page in self serve and removing the US Easy Roam PayPer Use add-on.

Like what was said above, if you dont go the the US and dont connect to a US cell tower, then the $14 US Easy Roam can never be charged.  If you do go to the US and connect to a US tower, but done use talk, data, and dont send SMS, then Easy Roam can never be charged.

We keep repeating this because it sounds like you are saying that you expect the $14 will be charged every month even if you dont step foot in the US.

I would like the $14 add on removed as I do not go to the US that often.  I go twice a year and I do not want to pay $14 added to my monthly bill when I don't even use it.

I think I solved my own problem.   It was Koodo billing system that confused me.
I went to the States June 15.  I added on US Roaming then.

Billing date period June 11-July 10 no $14 US roaming charge when I actually used it June 15.

Billing date period July 11-Aug 10, the $14 charge was applied. 

Suggestion: maybe the system can be improved by applying (or using/reflecting) the correct information/usage on the bill so it's clear for customers.   
I do appreciate the quick responses from you, Dennis.  Thank you for your time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo (and all telecom, cable, internet) bill 1 month ahead for the monthly plan. So on the July 10 pdf ebill, it bills for next month July 11-Aug10. Since roaming and any overages happen live, it would appear on this pdf ebill as you indicated. 

I know it may seem confusing but it I industry standard and you get used it. 

Noted and Thank you again.