Koodo Community
Solved

Activation fee waived ???

• 28 March 2022
  • 7 replies

I signed up about 1.5 weeks ago on the condition that they waive the activation fee. Well, just got my first bill and the fee is not waived. 

From what I understand, even calling for help costs $10. Will they charge me $10 for this support call?

Not impressed with Koodo so far.

icon

Best answer by Dennis 28 March 2022, 17:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There are 2 issues there.

First issue is the connection fee waive. Normally, the credit would show up in 2nd or 3rd bill.

2nd issue is the service charge. They only charge you $10 if you ask a rep to do something that you can do yourselves in selfserve. There were also several fee for special request like ownership transfer,etc. But they should tell you about the fee and get your consent before proceeding. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds like you signed up instore. Did you get anything in writing about an activation fee being waived?

Since it was promised in-store I would first go in to ask them about it to confirm when the credit will show up.

Also are you downloading your pdf ebill from self serve to check if the credit was applied? 

yes on the pdf there is a $50 charge called Connection fee

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah I would go and ask the store first and see what they are saying. Again something on paper that says activation fee waived would be ideal 

Well, it wasn’t in a store but at the Sportmen Show in Toronto. The guy spent 20 minutes on the phone to get it approved and I asked for a text outlining the details of the plan and the fee waiver and he sent a text but the text did not include the fee waiver. By then I really wanted to get going and didn’t notice that his text did not include the fee waiver. I’m sure it will be a fight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, it wasn’t in a store but at the Sportmen Show in Toronto. The guy spent 20 minutes on the phone to get it approved and I asked for a text outlining the details of the plan and the fee waiver and he sent a text but the text did not include the fee waiver. By then I really wanted to get going and didn’t notice that his text did not include the fee waiver. I’m sure it will be a fight.

Oh that's a unique place to sign up.

Let me flag this to a rep but if there is no record, it may well be a fight 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello! We’ve checked the records on file since the creation of the account and, while we want to help as much as possible, there doesn’t seem to be one in regards to having the connection fee waived. In this case, what we can advise is trying to get in touch with the place the activation was done at, so they can review what happened from their and look into it. Also, if you’d like to check the details of the first bill being explained, you can go at https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained Please keep us posted if you need more help.