Koodo Community

A phone company that doesn't answer the phone?

• 23 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Trying to figure out my final bill which seem higher than it should be. Have cancelled service for a couple of reasons inlcuding lack of support. It appears I might be charged for $50 setup fee even though I was 'self serve', so this might be refunded on the 2nd or 3rd bill???. Also I was billed for the inital 2 months, which I didn't expect, now partially refunded. I'd originally cancelled because it turned out I was trapped in a Rogers contract, and I was going to re-enroll when Rogers expired. The problem of a phone company that does not answer the phone seems like I won't be re-enrolling, even at the very low price I was offered from some random guy in Bangalore ($35 for 10gig). How does everyone else deal with the lack of service? This Volunteer support community is like Jeff Bezos launching a go-fund-me to pay his staff sick leave during the pandemic.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

With Koodo, I find there are a lot of self serve options so calling in is something that I have maybe done once over the years I’ve been with them.

Although there is no direct phone number you can call to reach a rep there are both customers and reps here on the community, reps on facebook and twitter, and you can schedule a callback with a rep at koodo.com/chat whenever you do need a reps assistance. For me, these options work perfectly and is worth it given the cheaper price point I pay.

It isn’t for everyone though and that’s where Koodo’s parent company Telus comes in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Cryophile The challenge with most phone companies is that that give you too many reasons to call. If things are simple customer don’t have to waste their precious minutes of lives on hold listening to elevator music for hours end. We are not perfect by any means, lots of work ahead, but our customers need help from us far, far less than any other company.  When you do need help you can certainly talk to a rep. We still talk to lots of people every day. It’s a simple as setting up a callback. You give your number, select the time you want to be called back and that’s it. 

As far as you invoice, there is no connection fee charged since purchased online. You had only been with Koodo for about a month and a week or so. No payment was received for the first invoice so it was rolled into the last one.  I hope this help explain things but don’t hesitate to ask if something is still unclear.