Koodo Community
News

What is Call Control?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Call Control is a free and optional feature that lets you filter your incoming calls and helps reduce those unwanted spam calls no one likes to answer. Once this feature is turned on, incoming callers will be prompted to enter a randomly-generated number (0-9) which they must enter correctly before the call can be connected.

You will also be able to personalize and manage your own list of phone numbers to block/authorize via Self Serve. For more information please visit: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=call%20control 

10 replies

I have a Koodo prepaid account. Can I use Call Control? The steps in the article you linked to don’t seem to apply:

“You can add Call Control through Self Serve. Login to your account and under the Self Serve tab, go to “Mobile services,” find “Call Control,” and click “Manage.” This will route you to the Call Control page where you will be able to add Call Control to your account and turn it on and off. “

When logged in as a Prepaid Customer, there is no “Mobile services” option under Self-Serve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a Koodo prepaid account. Can I use Call Control? The steps in the article you linked to don’t seem to apply:

When logged in as a Prepaid Customer, there is no “Mobile services” option under Self-Serve.

It is applied to Postpaid customers only, as of now.

1. Call Control is a free and optional feature that lets you filter your incoming calls and helps reduce those unwanted spam calls no one likes to answer. Once this feature is turned on, incoming callers will be prompted to enter a randomly-generated number (0-9) which they must enter correctly before the call can be connected.

You will also be able to personalize and manage your own list of phone numbers to block/authorize via Self Serve. For more information please visit: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=call%20control 

I just got charged $15 this month for spam calls I did not answer but was charged against me regardless as “call forward” by my husband, who did not call me as we were physically together.

1) Would this feature help reduce this kind of calls and therefore this kind of erroneous charges?
    2) Is there anything Koodo has been doing to prevent such call frauds?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. Call Control is a free and optional feature that lets you filter your incoming calls and helps reduce those unwanted spam calls no one likes to answer. Once this feature is turned on, incoming callers will be prompted to enter a randomly-generated number (0-9) which they must enter correctly before the call can be connected.

I just got charged $15 this month for spam calls I did not answer but was charged against me regardless as “call forward” by my husband, who did not call me as we were physically together.

1) Would this feature help reduce this kind of calls and therefore this kind of erroneous charges?
    2) Is there anything Koodo has been doing to prevent such call frauds?

Call forwarding is another  service, it isn’t free . If you setup “call forwarding” you would be charged for the minutes by the payperuse rate if you don’t have the call forwarding add-on ($3).  Call forwarding would forward all calls  (spam or not) to the other number.

Hence I would suggest you to add the add-on $3 “Call forwarding” in your selfserve to cover the call forwarding fee in the future https://www.koodomobile.com/add-ons?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Addons

Have tried Call control but it won't take me past the log in page. Keeps kicking me out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have tried Call control but it won't take me past the log in page. Keeps kicking me out.

Have you successfully logged into self serve in the past?

I can log into self serve no problem, but can't access call control. Trying to input some blocked callers but can't get try past initial screen. Keeps taking me out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can log into self serve no problem, but can't access call control. Trying to input some blocked callers but can't get try past initial screen. Keeps taking me out.

Try clearing your browser cache and try again.  Also try using a different browser if that doesnt work

I have the same problem with both Firefox and Edge browsers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same problem with both Firefox and Edge browsers.

In that case, i would send a private message to Koodo via facebook or twitter and a rep will need to look into your account,