Koodo Community

Your response of customer service

• 13 May 2024
  • 7 replies

My basic plan increased by $6 after only 6 months since I opened the Koodo account. I was never informed about this when I signed up with Koodo. I thought I had committed to a 2-year plan with a locked price. When I asked what happened, Denis (the Master) simply advised me that if I'm not happy, I could switch carriers. It feels like Koodo lured me in with a cheap plan, only to take advantage of me afterwards. Since Denis suggested switching carriers, I'm now exploring other options such as $19/month, $29/month, or even plans with the same price at $35/month with another carrier. I'm so disappointed with Denis's response

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is CRTC wireless code that Koodo should adhere to https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm

Regarding your case, I recommend you check your previous bill to see which month you was given notice about the price increase. There are similar cases like yours in this thread below

Regarding the transfer of your number to other carrier, it is your choice. Vote with your money. However, If you still would like to stay with Koodo, you have to contact Koodo and ask them directly about the price increase. Koodo doesn’t deal with it over the forum unfortunately.

If I stay with Koodo, is there a possibility that this kind of price increase could happen again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If I stay with Koodo, is there a possibility that this kind of price increase could happen again?

Noone here can answer that as Koodo didn’t disclose anything. You can ask a rep yourself when you receive their call back.

Anyway, Price increase is just a normal thing now https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-bell-price-increase-1.7073376

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi there,

to add to what @Dinh mentioned, when you sign up for Koodo it is actually a part of your terms and services in your agreement that if you’re not in a 2 year contract, they can increase the price of a Rate plan whenever they like as long as they give you notice at least 30 days prior (Koodo does this by mentioning it on a bill). Like a lot of things lately, prices do increase, just not all the time. But this also goes for other companies too as they’re all allowed too do this according to CRTC guidelines. If you wanna read more about the terms and services for your account, you can check that out here as it has some useful information if you decide to stay with Koodo 🙂 but unfortunately I am pretty sure this is common with most companies, just some do it more frequently than others. But as @Dinh mentioned they haven’t disclosed anything, a lot of the time these things tend to be sudden where a rep may not even be told until it’s already been announced on customer bills. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/service-terms

My basic plan increased by $6 after only 6 months since I opened the Koodo account. I was never informed about this when I signed up with Koodo. I thought I had committed to a 2-year plan with a locked price. When I asked what happened, Denis (the Master) simply advised me that if I'm not happy, I could switch carriers. It feels like Koodo lured me in with a cheap plan, only to take advantage of me afterwards. Since Denis suggested switching carriers, I'm now exploring other options such as $19/month, $29/month, or even plans with the same price at $35/month with another carrier. I'm so disappointed with Denis's response

I've noticed people making comments like this to a suggestion I had.

Feels like this community is about "don't like it, leave."

Nice friendly community.  Helpful like Koodo Customer Service

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your sarcastic response did not go unnoticed. We are equally disappointed by Koodo’s decision to raise prices after a short period of time. Unfortunately, it is within their rights in the CRTC Wireless Code to let you know within 30 days. That is why you were given the suggestion to port out, but you are more than welcome to stay with Koodo.

Your sarcastic response did not go unnoticed. We are equally disappointed by Koodo’s decision to raise prices after a short period of time. Unfortunately, it is within their rights in the CRTC Wireless Code to let you know within 30 days. That is why you were given the suggestion to port out, but you are more than welcome to stay with Koodo.

Well I am not the poster of this thread, I was referring to the posters comment about being suggested to leave instead of having a useful or supportive comment.

And sarcasm is NOT intended to go unnoticed.

Admittedly, not everyone is as useless as the customer service department, there are Koodo members who actually provide helpful and/or supportive comments.

I'm sorry you felt offended by the sarcasm.  Usually when people are offended by sarcasm, it is because they feel it is directed at them specifically 

Just to reiterate, I do NOT have any negative feelings about the price hike