Skip to main content

Received a text from 5803 offering a deal that is only redeemable by calling the “VIP line” 866-558-4150. Not redeemable online or in store.

That number was confirmed to be a Koodo number in another post, but it wasn’t listed as one of the official Koodo numbers in this post, so I was suspicious when I did call. The call quality was pretty bad and the rep didn’t offer any verification to prove they were actually a Koodo rep, so I didn’t feel comfortable providing any personally identifiable information and hung up.

I only received one other message from 5803 before asking to “rate my] experience on Koodo’s network”, so I am suspicious of this number as well.

Is any of this legit, or should this offer be completely ignored?

Hi @singcrayon 

We have looked into it and we can confirm this is a legit Koodo offer. You should be able to take advantage of it by calling the number in the message.

Just spent an hour on the phone with Koode rep. Could not find this deal in the system. After trying different promocodes the agent suggested, i am unable to use a promo code online for 3 days. Suggested going to a Koodo store. He also tried to give me another plan that was more than the rate in the text message. Beware the bait and switch!!!

Glad to hear someone else had the same issue as me! I called in to try and take advantage of this offer and the person had no clue what I was talking about. 

She eventually muddled through, but I was not confident that I was getting the deal offered. Plus, the background sounded like a scam call centre. It was SO noisy and when I initially was trying to get through my call kept dropping. Once they asked for a pin to my account I opted to not continue because it seemed too sketchy. Wish Koodo would send this offer for me to switch online without having to call. 

The person I talked to advised me to go to Koodo store.. Drove 40km to one to find out they had no idea either. They suggested calling VIP number and talk to Loyalty rep. I am not convinced it will help but here goes nothing…….