Skip to main content
Question

Need Manual Plan Change

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my phone to a certified refurbished phone with tab basic and change my plan for the $25, 5GB plan. 

I see the plan option in my account but when I try to select  it, I receive the following error pop-up:

Something went wrong.

Our systems arent able to process your request at this time. Check back shortly or refresh the page.

No amount of coming back or refreshing fix the issue. I cleared the cache and cookies and tried on a different laptop.

I’d like to confirm that someone from the Koodo team will be able to manually switch my plan for the $25, 5GB after my purchase.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was little confused, where did you see the $25 5Gb plan? And was it a Tab eligible plan? If possible, can you post a snapshot of it here ? Hide all personal information before posting please

AD_4nXd7R6kUeWpdVmK8UZbi31j1EQ0SCfz2wkpqdANTK4liEPf5wDU-0qxt-2Q0_cQB6IbYwGQqcX1rfzLfOy8niUZ1btQ09L4Fgceoe_Tm5AyzgbTUe9A18Tl6ahVKg2rTxk3mPOH1tTFNFvGPHVUiocLMT-U?key=BqGxx2q09d6HTIyAS5zgOw

It is tab eligible and it shows up in my self-serve account, although when I select it I receive the error message mentioned above. The problem doesn’t happen when I select any of the other plans.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is tab eligible and it shows up in my self-serve account, although when I select it I receive the error message mentioned above. The problem doesn’t happen when I select any of the other plans.

It might be a glitch somewhere in their system. Let me flag a rep to have more information 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ChristineR 

Have you tried to pick a different phone on tab basic?

Are you having the same error? 

Yes, same error with other phones.

For instance, I tried the iPhone13 on tab basic, and when selecting the $25 for 5GB plan it’s the exact same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for checking!

Can you please try logging into your community account using the self serve option in the community login page, so we can have a look from our end? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Flo Koodo I’m still not able to login with self serve.  Not sure if this is a me thing or if others are still having the same issue

@Flo Koodo I’m not able to login with self-serve.  It says “Authentication failed”. I had tried yesterday as well with the same outcome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I also have the same Authentication Failed error.  I even tried to clear my browser’s cache and cookies and tried a different browser with the same issues.

Maybe give that a try @ChristineR to see if it fixes things for you

@Dennis : Thanks for the suggestion.  I gave it a try but the issue persists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since you are unable to log in with your account details, I would suggest you to send a message to a rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter to sort out the issue. https://m.me/Koodo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MilkyWay are you able to login to the community with your self serve account?

@Flo Koodo Could you please kindly follow up with me in private message. I could provide you with email and phone number in there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis @ChristineR 

We are aware of the issue and we have reported it to the support team.

Thank you for the feedabck!

@ChristineR Are you able to send us a message over social media on Facebook, using the link shared by @MilkyWay above? 

@Flo Koodo The link shared above wasn’t redirecting properly. I ended up searching Facebook by myself and I think I got victim of a scam:

They ask me to do a “virtual unreal test”???

@Dennis @MilkyWay @Flo Koodo Any idea how I should proceed moving forward?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is not the right page.
https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or https://m.me/Koodo

You can also click the facebook button at the bottom of the community page.

Looks like this when you get to it:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis @MilkyWay @Flo Koodo Any idea how I should proceed moving forward?

Did you give any personal info to that scam account? 

@Dennis : I did, unfortunately. Name, address, email, phone number, last 4 digit  and name of the bank of my credit card, amount of last Koodo’s bill.

I don’t think they can do much with this, except trying to impersonate me to get access to my account and more personal information.

I phoned a Koodo representative to let them know this has happened. 

Userlevel 6

@ChristineR  I would strongly suggest, that you call your Bank and your Credit Card company as soon as you can. That is exactly what they will or can do is to impersonate you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m with @Fred C its better to be safe than sorry. Some things you should change going forward are to order a new bank card so the old card number becomes invalid, that way they can’t use it for anything else. Also, enable two factor authentication for your email in case they try to get in and use it for something else as well. You’re right though, the questions they asked would be to attempt to impersonate you with koodo, it’s good you let a rep over the phone know so they can leave a note warning others 🙂

Thank you all.

Called my bank but the representative said that because there was no actual fraud she had nothing to report on her end. She said to let Transunion know, which I will do.