Koodo Community
Solved

Error - Can't Choose Perk Right Now. Any solutions?

I am constantly getting this error while trying to change plans for the last few months. Even if I don’t pick a perk it still gives me the error that tells me it can’t choose a perk right now. It does this on all my devices including attempting it from a computer. I tried different browsers as well and still no luck. Any solution to this?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 14 June 2023, 17:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am constantly getting this error while trying to change plans for the last few months. Even if I don’t pick a perk it still gives me the error that tells me it can’t choose a perk right now. It does this on all my devices including attempting it from a computer. I tried different browsers as well and still no luck. Any solution to this?

Which perk do you want? Are you logging in to the Community with your Koodo account? 

It’s not necessarily the perk I care about, although it is a nice bonus. It’s that no matter what I do I can’t change plans at all. Yes, this is my koodo account as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s not necessarily the perk I care about, although it is a nice bonus. It’s that no matter what I do I can’t change plans at all. Yes, this is my koodo account as well.

Which plan are you looking for?

I was looking to switch two of the numbers on my account to the 55$/month plan with 75GB data and the speed boost perk.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was looking to switch two of the numbers on my account to the 55$/month plan with 75GB data and the speed boost perk.

Did you try following these steps to change your plan on your Self-Serve account? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-rate-plan

Yes I did. I cannot change plans and get the error with the ice cream cone. This is unfortunately not a new problem for me. It’s been going on for at least six months now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For the 2 lines that you are looking to change plans to the $55 for 75gb, what digits do they end in so a rep k ows which lines to change?

Also which perk would you like for both of those lines? 

Yes I did. I cannot change plans and get the error with the ice cream cone. This is unfortunately not a new problem for me. It’s been going on for at least six months now.

100%. When reviewing previous topics, this has been an active issue for months and no resolution. Of course you can contact Koodo directly and make the change happen but this is not a solution to fixing “self-serve”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RBlack 

We have sent you a PM so we can confirm some more details and further assist, please check the inbox section under your community profile. Thanks! 

@Flo Koodo Im having the same problem. I cannot switch the plan without having the error. How do I get this updated correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Stacie87  We have responded to you on your other post and sent you a private message. 

Hi @RBlack 

We have sent you a PM so we can confirm some more details and further assist, please check the inbox section under your community profile. Thanks! 

Ive been having major issues as well. Been trying to change my plan but I'm getting the same error. Looks like it's been an issue for months. I'd rather not have to pay to do something I physically cannot do on my own, for free.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If there are issues that prevent you from doing it yourself, you do not get charged the fees for a rep doing the change. I’ll flag a rep to assist further. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Feisty  

Are you having issues changing your plan or the Perk? Can you give us a bit more info.

Hi there @Feisty  

Are you having issues changing your plan or the Perk? Can you give us a bit more info.

Im having issues changing the plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, what plan are you having issues with?  Also, what is the error message you are getting?

Ok, what plan are you having issues with?  Also, what is the error message you are getting?

Its telling me to try again in an hour and saying looks like you can't choose the perk right now. Something like that. I'm trying to switch to a $50 plan for 40gb. I've been trying since yesterday but keep getting that same message

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Feisty  Did you want to keep the same perk (Rollover Data) with the new plan?

@Feisty  Did you want to keep the same perk (Rollover Data) with the new plan?

Yes, I would like to

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Feisty  We have made the change for you to the requested plan and perk. You can verify the changes in your Self-serve. 

Cheers, 

@Feisty  We have made the change for you to the requested plan and perk. You can verify the changes in your Self-serve. 

Cheers, 

I just got the email about that. Thank you very much!

I am having same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Queenbee !  We looked into your account and saw that you managed to talk with one of our agents who helped you resolve your issue. 

If there are issues that prevent you from doing it yourself, you do not get charged the fees for a rep doing the change. I’ll flag a rep to assist further. 

I had the same issue and had a rep help change my plans and I have now been charged an extra $45 on my bill, even though I couldn't do it through self serve. Now I have to wait on the phone to have these charges removed. Might want to check your bill when it comes to ensure there are no charges.

Have spoken with customer service and these charges had been credited back to my account before they got me transferred to the next level of customer service. I guess it takes a few days sometimes for credits to be reflected on self serve. Speaking to customer service was easy and not an overly long wait. If anyone has this happen it might just take a couple of days for it to be reflected on your account, might be worth a few days of waiting before inquiring