Koodo Community

New connection for new resident

• 13 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I am a postpaid/monthly customer of Koodo. One of my family members is going to arrive Canada soon and I would like to get a new postpaid connection ready for her as soon as she arrives. 

When I am trying to buy a new connection/sim card online from the Koodo website it's asking me for her credit card number for doing a credit check and also for her Social Insurance number. Now since this person is going to be a new resident, she has neither one of these yet and with the current situation, it will probably be quite a while before she gets any of them and I don't want her to be without a phone number until then. 

I was therefore wondering what is the process for buying a sim card online in a situation like this? I am preferring to do it online to get the waiver on the $45 connection fee.

Mayumi 3 years ago

If the person need a phone number right away, then why not get her prepaid SIM/account first.

Once she arrives here and settle her condition, then move to postpaid when she is ready.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the person need a phone number right away, then why not get her prepaid SIM/account first.

Once she arrives here and settle her condition, then move to postpaid when she is ready.

Okay, thanks. I don't have much idea about prepaid - so you don't need all that credit check and SIN for that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's correct, all you need for prepaid is a little bit of money to buy the SIM card and top up 😊