Koodo Community
Question

volte

Userlevel 2

I received a message from Kudo saying that I am able to use v o l t e on my phone which is a 2023 Edge Motorola I am looking and finding no way to switch the calls to that option any help would be appreciated

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If possible, can you post a snapshot of the message here? Hide all personal information before posting please.

In many phones, the volte settings is already included in the settings. There might be no need for a separate settings. You can as well, reset network setting of the phone to see if that can help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I received a message from Kudo saying that I am able to use v o l t e on my phone which is a 2023 Edge Motorola I am looking and finding no way to switch the calls to that option any help would be appreciated

Is the VoLTE add-on included on your account? 

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s a setting on the phone itself.

It should be somewhere in and around settings, mobile network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @John Zarubiak 

Please follow the steps here and let us know if it helps find VoLTE in the settings  https://koodo.sds.modeaondemand.com/en-ca/tutorial/edge-2023/13.0.0/feature_connections_network-accessing-mobile-network-settings

Userlevel 2

This is set on my phone, during calls I noticed that my data switches to 4G from LTE my phone has been set up this way since I got it so receiving the text from Koodomakes me wonder is there any way to tell if my calls are going through volte

Userlevel 2

This is a screenshot of my phone setup

Userlevel 2

Maybe it has something to do with the poor data service in this area that I had in the previous post and was told that there are too many users on the network??

Sometimes I will get close to 100 Mbps but most of the time I have found it is around 10 or 12 megabytes per second this 22 is actually pretty high

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So all VoLTE does is enables you to be on the LTE network when you make a phone call.
So if you when you’re on the phone and you see the LTE symbol still, then it’s successfully enabled.

Data speed would be a separate issue and you’re right, depends on location and how many people are on the network at the same time.

Userlevel 2

There's two problems there one being when I go on a call my phone shows 4G maybe you miss that Allen secondly I'm paying for 100 Mbps or more actually 5G service and to only get 20 bytes per second instead of tooth up to 250 I don't believe I'm getting what I pay for

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We recommend getting scheduling a call back through our virtual assist, and speak to one our technical team reps, so they can further look into it.

Userlevel 2

So I talked to three different people at Koodo and it seems that the edge 23 is not v o l t e nobody can say for sure upon doing all this research with Google I have found out that the network service in my area needs major repairs I am only getting six or seven megabytes per second and this is due to the tower having inadequate equipment they hope to have it updated in the next year or so so if you are being told that there are many factors in regards to speed and connectivity this is probably false it took a fair amount of questioning but I was given the answer that I suspected all along the network can't handle the traffic in this area everybody has a cell phone now but yet the companies are not updating their equipment as fast as they should I find this painful for people that have no knowledge of this and they are being told things that are not true.